- 10 min ago Honda Almost Becomes Largest Two-Wheeler Manufacturer In India – Hero Sales Plummet
- 1 hr ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 3 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- News Gujarat and Himachal Election 2022 Exit Poll LIVE: Will saffron party retain both states?
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Priyanka Chahar Chaudhary Says ‘Ghar Basana Hai'; Archana Promises To Hunt A Suitable Groom
- Sports World Cup 2022: Stats and Facts as France and England set quarterfinals meet
- Finance Motilal Oswal Bullish On This Midcap Aditya Birla Group Stock, Suggests Buy For Robust 21% Gains
- Education HTET 2022 Answer Key Out; Check All Details Here
- Technology Google Testing End-to-End Encryption For Group Messages; Emoji Support Also Expected
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the much-awaited Grand Vitara SUV in India with an aggressive starting price of just Rs 10.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Moreover, the Indo-Japanese automaker racked up more than 53,000 bookings for the SUV. Thanks to such an aggressive price tag, many sub-4m SUV buyers will also be interested in checking out the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV. As such, here's what the base 'Sigma' variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV has to offer.
The base 'Sigma' variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV comes equipped with a tried-and-tested 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally-aspirated petrol engine. This engine sports an Integrated starter generator and produces a total of 103bhp of peak power and 136Nm of peak torque.
The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV in the base 'Sigma' trim level comes exclusively with a 5-speed manual transmission to drive its front wheels. The buyer has to step up to the 'Delta' trim level to opt for the 6-speed automatic gearbox. However, this pushes the price tag to Rs 13.40 lakh, ex-showroom.
To achieve this aggressive price tag, Maruti Suzuki had to opt for a few cost-effective measures such as a pair of Bi-halogen projector headlamps instead of the LED units found in higher models, a set of 17-inch steel wheels instead of alloy wheels, and the 'Sigma' variant also misses out on a few detailing elements at the front.
However, the base 'Sigma' variant of the Grand Vitara SUV still comes with features such as LED taillamps, body-coloured ORVMs with integrated turn signals, body-coloured door handles, a shark fin antenna, and a roof-end spoiler.
Stepping inside the 'Sigma' variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, the lack of an infotainment screen is immediately visible. However, it does get steering-mounted controls to navigate the 4.2-inch MID display positioned between the analogue speedometer and tachometer.
That being said, the base 'Sigma' variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV still comes with a sliding armrest, adjustable tilt and telescopic steering wheel, keyless entry, push-button start, fully-automatic climate control system, rear AC vents, power windows, and a height-adjustable driver's seat.
Despite being the base variant, the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 'Sigma' variant comes with safety features such as dual airbags, rear parking sensors, Hill-hold assist, ABS with EBD, ESP (Electronic Stability Program), engine immobilizer, ISOFIX anchoring points, manually adjustable Day & Might IRVM, and more. These safety features ensure more than decent safety for its passengers.
Thoughts About Base 'Sigma' Variant Of The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV
Despite being a base variant, the 'Sigma' variant of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV still comes with a few standard features that are not even available in the mid-range variants of some sub-4m SUVs in the market. As such, the base 'Sigma' variant of the Grand Vitara SUV may appeal to many sub-4m SUV segment buyers in the country.