- 14 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 18 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies How I Met Your Father Season 1 Review: Hilary Duff's Show Plays On Nostalgia But Lacks Original's Charm
- Technology Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Is The Precursor Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle Active Covid-19 Cases Highest In 237 Days
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: UP Yoddha vs Haryana Steelers Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- News Madhya Pradesh: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s museum in Jabalpur central jail barracks opened for public
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
Maruti Suzuki is one of the first automotive brands in India to introduce factory-fitted CNG cars. At present, the Indian automotive giant has the largest model lineup of factory-fitted CNG cars in the country.
At present, there are 6 different models from Maruti Suzuki that come with a factory-fitted CNG kit. Though this model lineup includes hatchbacks and MPVs such as Alto, WagonR, S-Presso, Celerio, Eeco and Ertiga the brand is yet to introduce a CNG version of their popular SUV, the Vitara Brezza.
According to a few sources, Maruti Suzuki is now preparing to launch the CNG version of the new Vitara Brezza in the country by April 2022.
As part of the update, Maruti Suzuki will be ditching the "Vitara" moniker from "Vitara Brezza". This means the updated model will be called "Maruti Suzuki Brezza" instead of "Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza".
Apart from that, the updated version of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza is likely to continue the usage of the 1.5-litre K15B naturally-aspirated petrol engine. Though this engine produces 103.53bhp and 138Nm of torque, expect the CNG variant to produce slightly lesser power and torque outputs.
Since the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is also powered by the same 1.5-litre K15B engine and the CNG variant of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga produces 90.7bhp and 122Nm of torque, expect the updated CNG version of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza to sport an almost identical power and torque outputs.
Apart from that, thanks to the lower kerb weight, expect the CNG version of the updated Maruti Suzuki Brezza to be slightly more fuel-efficient than the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
As part of the update, expect the new Maruti Suzuki Brezza to sport slightly more upmarket looking interiors and a lot more features such as a sunroof, paddle shifters, wireless connectivity and much more.
Though the CNG version of the upcoming updated Maruti Suzuki Brezza may enjoy the lack of competition at the time of launch, Tata Motors will soon launch the CNG version of the Tata Nexon post the launch of CNG versions of Tata Tiago and Tata Tigor.
Thoughts About The Upcoming CNG Version Of Maruti Suzuki Brezza
Thanks to rising fuel prices and ever-tightening emission norms, CNG seems to be an ideal source of fuel for passenger cars in India. With the launch of the CNG version of the updated Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Maruti Suzuki is highly likely to boost its sales further.
Source: AutoCar India