- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Subhas Chandra Bose 125th birth anniversary: PM Modi to unveil hologram statue of iconic freedom fighter today
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Mahindra XUV700 is one of the most-awaited SUVs in the country. The SUV racked up more than 65,000 bookings in just two weeks. Moreover, the first 25,000 of these bookings were made during the first 1 hour.
Since the Mahindra XUV700 has high demand in the market, the waiting period for some variants goes beyond 70 weeks.
Though Mahindra has previously hiked the price of XUV700, following the new year, Mahindra has yet again hiked the prices of XUV700 up to Rs 81,000.
This means, the Mahindra XUV700 range now starts from Rs 12.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base MX 5-seater variant equipped with petrol engine and manual transmission, resulting in a price difference of Rs 96,000 compared to its launch pricing.
Whereas the top-end AX7 Luxury variant of the petrol-powered Mahindra XUV700 equipped with an automatic transmission now costs Rs 75,000 more at Rs 22.04 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
That being said, the diesel range now starts from Rs 13.47 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base 5-seater MX variant, which is around Rs 48,000 more expensive. On the other hand, the top-end AX7 Luxury variant of the diesel Mahindra XUV700 with an automatic transmission and AWD system witnessed the highest price hike of Rs 81,000 and now costs Rs 23.80 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
As mentioned earlier, since the XUV700 has a long waiting period, the price protection will be available for the first 50,000 bookings only. This means the rest of the customers will have to pay the prevailing prices at the time of delivery or once the vehicle has been allotted.
The Mahindra XUV700 comes with a choice of one petrol engine and two diesel engines and gearbox options include a 6-speed manual transmission and a 6-speed automatic gearbox, both of which are available with petrol and diesel powertrains.
The petrol engine is a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 197bhp and 380Nm of torque, resulting in a spirited performance.
On the other hand, both the diesel engines are 2.2-litre turbocharged units, in which the more powerful version delivers 182bhp and 450Nm of torque, whereas the diesel engine used in the lower variants puts out a respectable 153bhp and 360Nm of torque.
Despite Mahindra launching the XUV700 with an aggressive price tag, Mahindra has not cut corners with the safety of the car. In fact, Mahindra XUV700 has been awarded a 5-star rating by Global-NCAP.
Moreover, Mahindra has also secured a 4-star rating by Global-NCAP for Child Safety. This makes the Mahindra XUV700 one of the safest 7-seater SUVs in the country.
To achieve the 5-star safety rating, the Mahindra XUV700 comes with advanced safety features such as seven airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and many more.
Like its predecessor, Mahindra has loaded the new XUV700 with many features such as dual-zone climate control, adaptive cruise control, a 360-degree camera, powered front seats with memory function, drive modes, panoramic sunroof, electronic parking brake, wireless charging, a multi-function flat-bottom steering wheel, and a few more.
Thoughts About Mahindra XUV700
Despite the price hike, the Mahindra XUV700 is still one of the best VFM SUVs you can buy in India. Apart from that, the Mahindra XUV700 is one of the most-feature packed SUVs in the country and offers punchy powertrain options, making it an ideal SUV for a wide range of audiences.