- 31 min ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 2 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 24 hrs ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Technology James Webb Chronicles Its Best Pillars Of Creation Image Yet
- News Your valued support will be source of strength: PM Modi tells Biden on G20 Presidency
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Movies Urfi Javed Exposes A Group Of Teenagers Making Abusing Calls, Says Will File Police Complaint
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
The upcoming Sportz Edition of the Mahindra XUV300 SUV has been spotted again. This time the sportier iteration of the Mahindra's sub-4m SUV comes with a few visual updates and a new colour scheme. Looking at the images, the Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Edition comes with a Golden exterior colour scheme with a gloss black roof. Apart from that, the Sportz Edition of the Mahindra XUV300 SUV comes with red accents on the front grille. Other noticeable visual updates include red-coloured variant badging, diamond-cut alloy wheels, and a sporty all-black interior.
Speaking about the XUV300 Sportz Edition SUV, the 'Sportz' concept was first revealed at the Auto Expo 2020. Moreover, the concept sported a more powerful iteration of the 1.2-litre turbocharged engine that was rumoured to produce a peak power of 130bhp and 230Nm of peak power.
Also, the video of the new XUV300 Sportz Edition SUV was shared online by a YouTube channel by the name 'The Car Show'. However, the video of the SUV has now been removed.
Fast forward to 2022, a leaked document has revealed that the upcoming Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Edition SUV will come with a 128bhp engine. While it was reported that the model will be offered in four trim levels, we expect Mahindra to offer the 'Sportz Edition' only on the top two trim levels.
We expect the automaker to soon launch the Sportz Edition of the Mahindra XUV300 SUV in India to further improve its market share in the sub-4m SUV market. When launched, the Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Edition will directly compete against the Hyundai Venue N Line and Kia Sone X-Line SUVs. However, unlike its rivals, we do not expect the Mahindra XUV300 Sportz edition to come with a DCT gearbox.
At present, Mahindra XUV300 comes with a choice of two engine options. The petrol engine is a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, direct-injection, turbocharged unit with 110bhp of peak power and 200Nm of peak torque, whereas the diesel engine is a larger 1.5-litre, turbocharged unit with 116bhp of peak power and 300Nm of peak torque. Moreover, both these engines can be either specified to either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automated manual transmission (AMT).
At present, the Mahindra XUV300 prices start from Rs 8.41 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base petrol variant, whereas the top-end diesel variant with AMT gearbox and dual-tone paint scheme costs Rs 13.92 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Thoughts About More Powerful XUV300
With the 128bhp petrol engine, the XUV300 will become the most powerful sub-4-metre SUV in the Indian automobile market. That being said, the upgrade will make the XUV300 more visible on the buyer's radar. As such, Mahindra could have launched the Sportz Edition of the XUV300 ahead of the ongoing festive season.