- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News How 5G launch in India will benefit health sector?
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The upcoming 5-door variant of the Mahindra Thar SUV has been spotted testing in India. Looking at the video shared on Instagram, the 5-door iteration of the Mahindra Thar SUV seems it is still a few months away from reaching its final production form.
In addition to that, the upcoming Mahindra Thar 5-door is expected to be launched around mid-2023 and will rival the likes of the upcoming Force Gurkha 5-door SUV and Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door SUV.
It is also worth mentioning that the upcoming Mahindra Thar 5-door will be based on the recently launched Scorpio-N platform, which itself is based on a heavily modified Thar 3-door platform. This information was confirmed by R Velusamy, Mahindra Senior VP & Head of Automotive Product Development.
Given the additional weight the 5-door iteration of the Mahindra Thar SUV carries around, it is safe to assume that the upcoming Thar 5-door is likely to sport the more powerful iteration of the 2.2-litre, turbocharged, 4-cylinder diesel engine.
At present, the Mahindra Thar 3-door is powered by two engine options. The most popular choice is the 2.2-litre diesel engine with 130bhp of peak power and 300Nm of peak torque. The next engine option is the 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit with 150bhp of peak power and 320Nm of peak torque. In addition to that, both engines can be specified with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Also, according to a recent feedback survey conducted by Mahindra, many of its customers do not require a 4X4 setup. In fact, such customers want a more affordable and practical iteration of the Thar SUV with identical looks.
As a response to such business-driven feedback, Mahindra is also developing a 4X2 version of the Mahindra Thar with a 1.5-litre mHawk 100 diesel engine. This engine will not only enable Mahindra to produce Thar SUV at a cheaper rate, but it will also give customers a much better fuel economy as well.
Speaking about Mahindra Thar, it is one of the best off-road SUVs you can buy in India. Moreover, the neo-retro styling of the SUV makes it the perfect canvas for your creative works. In addition to that, the Mahindra Thar SUV also comes with plenty of aftermarket support to make it even more capable off-road.
By using the Mahindra Scorpio N platform, the upcoming 5-door variant of the Mahindra Thar SUV is expected to be a lot more spacious and also come with a 5-Star safety rating.
Thoughts About Mahindra Thar 5-Door
The upcoming Mahindra Thar 5-door variant has the potential to become one of the best-selling models in Mahindra's history. However, given the already high demand for vehicles such as XUV700, and the new Scorpio N, we are not sure how Mahindra will handle the production.