- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Technology WhatsApp Working On New Feature To Transfer Chats From Android Phone To New iPhone
- News Weather Forecast for January 26: IMD predicts partly cloudy sky but no rain in Delhi on Republic Day 2022
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
Kenya police associate with Mahindra to add 100 Scorpio pick-up truck units to their police fleet. These trucks are single-cab units and are available only for commercial and special application use. The Mahindra Scorpio single-cab commercial pick-up is offered only in international markets.
In appreciation to the successful association, Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra & Mahindra, tweeted, "Nairobi, Kenya. We're delighted to be a part of the Police Service team. The 'Beast' under the bonnet of the Scorpio is at their service."
Speaking about the design, the pick-up is based on the current-generation Scorpio with a bold-looking front-end. This includes the muscular radiator grille, dual-beam headlights and integrated LED daytime running lights.
To this, the Police fleet of vehicles features also features a large bumper protector, a winch and a tow hook to keep the vehicles going at all times. This will also help protect the occupants inside in case of a crash as well.
The interiors of the special purpose vehicle will remain the same as the standard Scorpio pick-up. However, it will feature a couple of equipment and ports to support like CB Radio and more. Overall, the interiors will look familiar to the current-gen Scorpio.
The Mahindra Scorpio Single-Cab is powered by the same 2.2-litre, four-cylinder mHawk turbocharged diesel engine that does its duties on the current Mahindra Scorpio. This engine churns out 118bhp and 280Nm of peak torque paired to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Mahindra also offers an AWD version of the pick-up in the Australian market. However, the models sold in Kenya get a two-wheel-drive configuration.
Also, this is not the first time that a Mahindra vehicle has been preferred by an international country. A while ago, Pope Francis from Mozambique, Africa was seen ferried around in the Mahindra KUV100.
At the time, Anand Mahindra stated in the Twitter post, that it was a proud moment for the company to see His Holiness Pope Francis on a Mahindra KUV100. He further added that his company's distributor in Mozambique, Maputo got the KUV100 arranged for the Pope's Feed the Project and it was a day of great privilege and honour for Mahindra — here are more details.
Mahindra Scorpio Single-Cab Pick-Up In India?
As mentioned earlier, Mahindra does not offer the Scorpio single-cab in India. However, our market was offered earlier with a double-cab lifestyle pick-up truck called the Scorpio Getaway.
However, the company is all set to launch the next-generation Scorpio this year with a set of new engine and transmission combinations. With all the new upgrades, the company might bring back the Scorpio Getaway due to the increasing popularity of pick-ups in India.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Scorpio Pick-Up Truck Joining Kenya Police Fleet
Mahindra Scorpio pick-up joining the Kenya Police fleet is certainly a proud moment for us Indians. The Scorpio is known for its ruggedness and powerful engine, which will support the enforcement application well. Whether the Scorpio Getaway pick-up will make its come back in the Indian market on the next-generation update remains to be seen.