- 4 min ago Upcoming Electric Scooter, River EV Spied Testing – Newcomer Gearing Up To Dethrone Ola & Ather?
- 2 hrs ago Toyota India Vice Chairman Mr Vikram Kirloskar Passes Away
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Launch In 2023 – Bookings To Be Opened On This Date
- 6 hrs ago 2023 MG Hector Exterior Images Leak – Sports Massive Front Grille
- News BJP's Anil Vij says Congress has Ravana hidden inside it
- Sports Rumour has it: Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly agreed £173 million deal to join new club, will the move work?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: ADK Decrypts Vikraman's Tattoo Design
- Technology Snapchat Launches Windows 11 App: How To Download And Use?
- Finance Sensex Breaches A Record 63,000 Points Mark For The First Time
- Lifestyle India's Maternal Mortality Ratio Drops; Healthcare Initiatives A Boon
- Education Sail Recruitment 2022 Application Commences for 259 Consultants and Other Postions.
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
Mahindra has commenced the deliveries of the new Scorpio N SUV in India. Initially, the deliveries for the top-spec 'Z8 L' variants of the Mahindra Scorpio N SUV will be prioritised over other variants of the SUV.
At present, Mahindra is planning to deliver 7,000 units of the new Scorpio N SUV in the next 10 days. Moreover, the company is planning to keep the waiting period under 4 months for the first 25,000 bookings.
At present, bookings for the Mahindra Scorpio N SUV is capped at Rs 21,000, and the company has already racked up more than 1 lakh bookings. Moreover, it is also worth mentioning that it took just 30 minutes to cross 1 lakh bookings.
At the time of launch, the prices for the Mahindra Scorpio N SUV started from Rs 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India) for the base 'Z2' trim with petrol engine and manual transmission. Whereas the top-spec 'Z8L' trim with a diesel powertrain, automatic gearbox, and 4WD system is priced at Rs 23.90 lakh (ex-showroom, India). It is also worth mentioning that the six-seater variants command a premium of Rs 20,000 over their respective seven-seater variants.
Previously, Mahindra had planned to roll out 20,000 units of Scorpio N SUVs by the end of this year, and the production of the top-spec Scorpio N SUVs is said to be prioritised over other variants as well.
In terms of powertrain, the newly-launched 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N SUV comes with two engine options - One petrol engine and one diesel engine. However, the diesel engine is available in two states of tune.
Starting with the diesel powertrains, the base diesel engine is a 130bhp variant of the 2.2-litre turbocharged engine with 300Nm of peak torque. Moreover, this engine comes exclusively mated to 6-speed manual transmission.
On the other hand, the more powerful diesel engine produces 172.5bhp of peak power and 370Nm of peak torque. However, the torque output is increased to 400Nm when paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Coming to the petrol engine option, the 2.0-litre, turbocharged petrol engine puts out a mammoth 200bhp of peak and 370Nm of torque. Moreover, peak torque goes up by another 10Nm when this engine is paired with the 6-speed automatic transmission.
At present, the new Mahindra Scorpio N SUV is available in 7 different exterior colour options - Deep Forest, Napoli Black, Everest White, Red Rage, Dazzling Silver, Royal Gold, and Grand Canyon.
Thoughts About The 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N SUV
Mahindra has racked up more than 1 lakh bookings for the Scorpio N SUV and we hope Mahindra is able to keep up with the demand for the SUV. Apart from that, the presence of top-spec Mahindra Scorpio N SUVs will also benefit the overall impression of the SUV.