- 40 min ago Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Teaser Out - Bookings Open
- 14 hrs ago All-New Mahindra Bolero MaXX Pik-Up Launched In India At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Jeep Compass Anniversary Edition Launched In India At Rs 24.44 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Tata Safari Facelift Spotted Testing - May Sport ADAS & More
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 9 Top Margin Funding Picks By ICICI Direct For August 2022
- Technology Oppo Watch 3 Series With Snapdragon W5 Gen 1 Processor Goes Official; Coming To India?
- Movies TMKOC Fame Raj Anadkat Wishes To Do OTT Projects, But He Is Not Comfortable Doing Intimate Scenes
- News 2 brothers kill ragpicker and the fight was over a cigarette
- Sports Asia Cup 2022: Why These 4 Big Players Were Dropped From The India Squad
- Lifestyle Raksha Bandhan 2022: Mythological Stories Behind Rakhi Festival
- Education Tips For Parents To Make Children Study On Their Own
- Travel Rotorua: Most Sacred Maori Site In The World
While many may feel that Mahindra's intention to launch the Mahindra Scorpio Classic as an unnecessary move by the automaker, it is not the case in reality as the model has a very strong demand in rural parts of India.
Also, despite Mahindra releasing multiple teasers of the new Scorpio N SUV ahead of its launch, the previous generation Scorpio sold a solid 4,131 units in June 2022. To put this into perspective, sales figures of successful SUVs such as Tata Harrier, Tata Safari, MG Hector, Skoda Kushaq, MG Astor and Volkswagen Taigun were less than Scorpio's sales figures in June 2022.
Now, a few images have surfaced online that show the interior and exterior of the top-end variant of the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio Classic SUV.
Since the Scorpio Classic is based on the previous generation Scorpio SUV, numerous parts have been carried over to the upcoming Mahindra Classic SUV. However, there are a few changes on the upcoming Scorpio Classic SUV compared to the previous generation Scorpio SUV.
Coming to the changes, the upcoming new Mahindra Scorpio Classic sports Mahindra's new 'Twin Peak' logo, new 17-inch alloy wheels, revised front and rear bumpers and a new front grille.
Other changes on the Mahindra Classic include the removal of the 'mHawk 140' badge on the side fender. This means the upcoming Scorpio Classic SUV is likely to use the 2.2-litre, turbocharged 'mHawk' diesel engine in a lower state of tune.
This means Mahindra is no longer using the 140bhp mHawk diesel engine. This was a deliberate move to protect the base 'MX' variant of the Mahindra Scorpio N SUV as this model makes just 130bhp of peak power and 300Nm of peak torque.
Moreover, according to a recent leaked 'Approval' certificate, the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio Classic SUV variants will be powered by the 130bhp iteration of the 2.2-litre, turbocharged diesel engine that powers the Scorpio N 'MX' variant.
Also, the leaked certificate also reveals that the upcoming Mahindra Scorpio Classic SUV will be available in five variants - S MT 7S, S MT 9S, S11 MT 7S, S11 MT 9S and S11 MT 7S CC.
Speaking about features, the top-spec Mahindra Scorpio Classic according to the spied images comes with features such as a touchscreen infotainment unit, climate control, steering-mounted controls, multi-information display between the speedometer and tachometer, cruise control, projector headlights with DRLs, and a new 5-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels.
Thoughts About Mahindra Scorpio Classic
Though Mahindra Scorpio has been in the market for a very long time, the commitment showed by the manufacturer towards that model has garnered ir very loyal fan base in India. Moreover, despite the arrival of the new model, the previous generation Scorpio still has more demand in the Indian market than more modern SUVs produced by other manufacturers.
Given such a situation, it doesn't make sense to pull the plug on the previous generation Scorpio and the launch of the Scorpio 'Classic' is a very thoughtful move by the automaker.