- 9 hrs ago Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- 23 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- 1 day ago Upcoming Toyota Hyryder Hybrid SUV Teased Ahead Of The Launch
- 1 day ago Bharat NCAP Draft Notification Approved By MoRTH: Everything You Need To Know
- News Bypolls: PM Modi hails ‘historic’ win in UP
- Lifestyle International Day Against Drug Abuse: Effects Of Drug Abuse On Teens, Treatment And Helpline Numbers
- Finance Multibagger IT Software Stock Paying 3000% Final Dividend Will Turn Ex-Dividend Next Week
- Sports Former ICC elite panel umpire Asad Rauf runs a clothes shop in Pakistan, here's the reason why
- Movies IIFA 2022: Watch The IIFA Green Carpet And Awards Ceremony Live On Dailyhunt
- Education SBI CBO Final Result 2022 Released, Download SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 Final Result PDF At sbi.co.in
- Technology Week 25, 2022 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy F13, Tecno POVA 3, POCO X4 GT, iQOO U5e, Xiaomi Book S, And More
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
Ahead of the launch of the new Mahindra Scorpio, the marketing team of the automaker is busy releasing new teasers online to promote the SUV. The latest teaser hints that the safety level of the upcoming new Scorpio will be high.
In recent years, Mahindra has been making some of the safest cars you can buy in India. The latest launch from Mahindra is the Mahindra XUV700 SUV and it scored a perfect 5-Star rating at the Global-NCAP for adult occupant protection.
Apart from that, the Mahindra XUV300 also scored a 5-Star rating at the Global-NCAP for adult occupant protection. Whereas, other models such as the new Mahindra Thar and Mahindra Marazzo MPV have scored a respectable 4-Star rating at the Global-NCAP for adult occupant protection.
The latest teaser comes with the caption which reads, "The new Mahindra SUV makes even the crash dummy feel safe".
Recently, the first images of the 2022 Mahindra Scorpio in white exterior colour were leaked online. Moreover, those images of the white Mahindra Scorpio were taken from the production plant itself.
This image of the white Mahindra Scorpio from the production plant also confirmed that the production of the new-gen Scorpio has commenced ahead of the launch. Moreover, we expect the Mahindra to launch the new Scorpio in the month of June as part of the celebration associated with the 20th anniversary of the SUV.
From the design perspective, the upcoming new Mahindra Scorpio takes inspiration from the earlier iteration of the SUV and other XUV-lineup of SUVs.
Under the skin, the upcoming new Mahindra Scorpio is likely to sport body-on-frame chassis and it is expected to come with a choice of two engine options. The first option is most likely to be Mahindra's tried-and-tested 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine and the next engine option is likely to be the new 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine.
However, the 2.2-litre diesel engine and the 2.0-litre petrol engine will be slightly detuned compared to the unit in the XUV700 to avoid direct competition. We also expect the top-end variant of the new Mahindra Scorpio to come with a very robust and sophisticated shift-on-fly four-wheel-drive system.
We also expect Mahindra to equip the new Mahindra Scorpio with advanced features such as a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, wireless charging pad, connected car tech, cooled glovebox, climate control, and much more.
In terms of pricing, we expect Mahindra to price the new Scorpio aggressively with a starting price close to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The New 2022 Mahindra Scorpio
With the launch of the new Scorpio in India, Mahindra will be looking forward to increase its market share.