- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News People already getting 5Gs of ‘'garibi', 'ghotala', 'ghapla', 'ghalmel', 'gorakhdhanda’ under BJP: Akhilesh
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
South Korean carmaker Kia has installed a 240kW DC fast EV charger at its dealership in Kochi, Kerala.
The new installation at the Incheon Kia dealership in Kochi, Kerala is the fastest EV charger currently available for public use in the country.
The installation of the new 240kW DC charger at Kia's Kochi dealership comes just weeks after Kia installed a 150kW DC fast charger at its dealership in Gurugram. Kia currently plans to install 15 more 150kW DC fast chargers at its dealerships across the country. Customers can make use of the new 240kW DC fast charger in Kochi, Kerala by paying every time they use the nation's fastest EV charger.
Speaking on the occasion of the launch of the new 240kW charging station at the Incheon Kia dealership in Kochi, Kerala, Myung-Sik Sohn, Chief Sales Officer, Kia India, said, "These are exciting times for EVs, and we aim not just to be a part of the mobility revolution of EVs in India but to make EV ownership aspirational, accessible, and inclusive. Our global best EV, Kia EV6, launched in India earlier this year, is the perfect illustration of our philosophy. Subsequently, launching this 240kWh DC fast charger for EV passenger vehicles in Kochi brings me immense joy. This is a significant milestone for us at Kia India as we continue strengthening our commitment to developing EV infrastructure in the country and contributing to India's mobility growth story. Our EV journey in India does not stop here, in fact, we are in the process of setting up more charging stations at our EV dealerships across the country, ensuring superior customer experience, and reducing the issue of charging time and range anxiety that usually follows EV customers."
Kia currently only has one EV offering for the Indian car market in the form of the EV6 electric crossover. The Kia EV6 for India is currently imported into the country as a CBU and deliveries of the electric crossover (limited to just 100 units) will start next month.
Kia and its sister carmaker Hyundai are currently working on expanding their EV lineups in India. Hyundai is set to launch the Ioniq 5 in India shortly which unlike the EV6 will be locally assembled at its plant near Chennai. Both carmakers currently plan to bring a total of 6 new EVs into the country by the year 2024.
Thoughts About Kia's new 240kW Fast DC Charger
Kia's installation of a 240kW DC fast charger at its Kochi dealership shows the marque's ongoing focus on making EVs more mainstream in India. Hopefully, more brands will follow in Kia's footsteps and help ensure that India has a stable EV charging infrastructure to cope with the ever increasing demand for electric vehicles in the country.