- 8 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 11 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Recently, the brochure of the upcoming Kia EV6 has been leaked online and the leaked brochure revealed various details of the upcoming electric crossover. Here's the top 10 things about the Kia EV6 electric crossover.
The design of the upcoming Kia EV6 is very modern-looking with its crossover-like silhouette. Apart from that, the sleek LED tail lamps, and the sporty-looking front bumper adds a lot of youthfulness to the model.
Like all Kia vehicles, the upcoming Kia EV6 electric crossover comes packed with features such as LED headlights, 64-colour ambient lighting, a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone climate control, multiple drive modes, 12.3-inch driver's display, LED tail lamps and much more.
Contradictory to the trademarks filed by Kia Motors, Kia will be launching the Kia EV6 electric crossover in just 1 trim level, which is the top-end, GT Line. However, we expect the lower variants to be launched later.
According to the leaked brochure, the upcoming Kia EV6 electric crossover is equipped with a large 77.4kWh battery pack. However, in international markets, the Kia EV6 is also with a slightly smaller 58kWh battery pack.
In India, we get the top-of-the-line 'GT Line' variant and this variant comes equipped with not one but two electric motors - one for each axle. These two PMSM electric motors produce a combined output of 321bhp of peak power and 605Nm of peak torque.
In international markets, the Kia EV6 is also available in RWD guise. This model of the Kia EV6 comes equipped with a single Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) with 226bhp of power and 350Nm of torque.
Since the Kia EV6 will be available in the GT Line variant, the AWD version of the model comes with a WLTP range of 424km on a full charge. However, the long-range version of the Kia EV6 is claimed to cover 528kms on a fully charged battery pack.
According to the leaked brochure, it reveals that the upcoming Kia EV6 crossover can add 100kms to the range in just 4.5 minutes. Moreover, the Kia EV6 crossover takes 73minutes to charge from 10 per cent to 80 per cent using a 50kW DC charger. However, this time is reduced to just 18 minutes using a 150kW DC charger.
The base version of the Kia EV6 electric crossover can reach 100km/h from a standstill in just 8 seconds and reach a top speed of 185km/h. However, the Kia EV6 GT Line with dual motors can catapult itself to 100km/h from a standstill in just 3.5 seconds and can reach a top speed of 260km/h.
In terms of safety, the upcoming Kia EV6 crossover will sport safety systems such as 8 airbags, ABS, ESC, electronic parking brake, ISOFIX child seats, Hill-Star Assist, Multi Collision Brake Assist, ADAS and much more.
The ADAS will be equipped with features such as Forward Collision-Avoidance Assistance, Lane Keeping Assistance, blind-spot alert, rear-cross traffic alert, Lane Follow Assist, adaptive cruise control and much more.
The upcoming Kia E6 electric crossover will be brought to India as a CBU model. However, Kia may soon expand the manufacturing plant in Andrapradesh to make room for assembling the Kia EV6 electric crossover.
We expect the upcoming Kia EV6 electric crossover to be priced anywhere between Rs 40 lakh to Rs 50 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About Kia EV6 Coming To India
The launch of the Kia EV6 crossover will play an important role in the premium EV segment. Apart from that, we expect the upcoming Kia EV6 to give tough competition to entry-level premium vehicles.