- 6 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Kia Carens MUV scored a 3-Star rating at the Global-NCAP crash test. Moreover, the MUV scored a 3-Star rating for both adult and child occupant protection.
Diving into the details, the variant used for the Global-NCAP crash test was the base variant. However, using higher variant in the crash test is highly unlikely to affect the final scores as the safety features on the Kia Carens MUV are standard across all variants.
Speaking about the safety features, the Kia Carens MUV comes equipped with top-tier safety systems such as 6 airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), ABS, disc brakes at all four wheels, brake assist systems, hill-hold assistance, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS), EBD, ISOFIX Mounts, vehicle stability control (VSC), BAS, and more.
When Kia launched the Carens in India, the MUV quickly gained traction in the Indian automobile market with its aggressive pricing, standard safety features and long feature list.
Speaking about features, the Kia Carens MUV comes equipped with features such as a large 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple Car Play and Android Auto, Kia's UVO connected car tech, wireless charger, full-digital driver's display, ambient lighting, 8-speaker BOSE sound system, cooled glove box, an electric sunroof, ventilated seats at the front, roof-mounted AC for 2nd and 3rd-row passengers, cooled cup holders, air purifier, and lot more.
At present, Kia Carens comes with three engine options. The base engine option is a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with 113bhp of peak power and 144Nm of peak torque. The next engine option is a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 138bhp of peak power and 242Nm of peak torque.
Finally, the third engine option is a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine capable of producing 114bhp of peak power and 250Nm of peak torque.
Moreover, Kia Motors at present seems to be developing a CNG variant of the Carens MUV for the Indian automobile market. This seems to be a strategic move to capitalise on the rising demand for CNG-powered vehicles in India, thanks to rising fuel prices.
Earlier, the CNG version of the Kia Carens was spotted testing in India and interestingly the spy shots of the MUV sport the more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine. So, if Kia proceeds to launch the model, the MUV will be India's first turbocharged CNG vehicle in India.
However, like other CNG vehicles in India, the CNG version of the Kia Carens is most likely to be available only with manual transmission.
At present, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the only MUV in India to come with a factory-fitted CNG kit. With the launch of the CNG version of the Kia Carens, Kia Motors aims to expand its market share.
Thoughts About Kia Carens
The Kia Carens MUV is one of the best-selling vehicles in the Indian market and a consistent seller for the South Korean automaker. Moreover, the 3-Star rating will give decent assurance to its customers regarding the safety standards.