- 20 min ago Great Wall Motors’ India Operations End: Last Few Employees Asked To Leave
- 38 min ago Kia Sales Grow By 60 Per Cent Y-o-Y In June 2022 - Records Highest-Ever Monthly Sales
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 2 hrs ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- Sports India vs England 5th Test: Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly lead encomiums for Rishabh Pant
- Movies Kapil Sharma's 'Too Much English' In Toronto Will Leave You In Splits; Parmeet Sethi, Bharti & Others React
- Finance Invest In This Multibagger Mid-Cap Stock For 34% Gain, Declaring Dividend For The Last 5 Years
- Technology Flipkart Poco Days Sale: Discount Offers On Poco X4 Pro 5G, POCO M4 Pro 5G, POCO C31, And More
- News Capt Amarinder Singh likely to be NDA's pick for Vice President candidate
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
Kia Carens MUV scored a 3-Star rating at the Global-NCAP crash test. Moreover, the MUV scored a 3-Star rating for both adult and child occupant protection.
Diving into the details, the variant used for the Global-NCAP crash test was the base variant. However, using higher variant in the crash test is highly unlikely to affect the final scores as the safety features on the Kia Carens MUV are standard across all variants.
Speaking about the safety features, the Kia Carens MUV comes equipped with top-tier safety systems such as 6 airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), ABS, disc brakes at all four wheels, brake assist systems, hill-hold assistance, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS), EBD, ISOFIX Mounts, vehicle stability control (VSC), BAS, and more.
When Kia launched the Carens in India, the MUV quickly gained traction in the Indian automobile market with its aggressive pricing, standard safety features and long feature list.
Speaking about features, the Kia Carens MUV comes equipped with features such as a large 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple Car Play and Android Auto, Kia's UVO connected car tech, wireless charger, full-digital driver's display, ambient lighting, 8-speaker BOSE sound system, cooled glove box, an electric sunroof, ventilated seats at the front, roof-mounted AC for 2nd and 3rd-row passengers, cooled cup holders, air purifier, and lot more.
At present, Kia Carens comes with three engine options. The base engine option is a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with 113bhp of peak power and 144Nm of peak torque. The next engine option is a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 138bhp of peak power and 242Nm of peak torque.
Finally, the third engine option is a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine capable of producing 114bhp of peak power and 250Nm of peak torque.
Moreover, Kia Motors at present seems to be developing a CNG variant of the Carens MUV for the Indian automobile market. This seems to be a strategic move to capitalise on the rising demand for CNG-powered vehicles in India, thanks to rising fuel prices.
Earlier, the CNG version of the Kia Carens was spotted testing in India and interestingly the spy shots of the MUV sport the more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine. So, if Kia proceeds to launch the model, the MUV will be India's first turbocharged CNG vehicle in India.
However, like other CNG vehicles in India, the CNG version of the Kia Carens is most likely to be available only with manual transmission.
At present, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the only MUV in India to come with a factory-fitted CNG kit. With the launch of the CNG version of the Kia Carens, Kia Motors aims to expand its market share.
Thoughts About Kia Carens
The Kia Carens MUV is one of the best-selling vehicles in the Indian market and a consistent seller for the South Korean automaker. Moreover, the 3-Star rating will give decent assurance to its customers regarding the safety standards.