- 7 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Movies Makers Of Janhit Mein Jaari Have Been Approached For The Regional Remake Rights Of The Social-comedy
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
American SUV manufacturer Jeep has revealed the launch date for the Meridian SUV. The Jeep Meridian SUV will launch in India on the 19th of May 2022. Here's everything you need to know about the new Jeep Meridian SUV.
Jeep Meridian - What Is It?
The Jeep Meridian is the American SUV manufacturer's 7-seater answer to the Toyota Fortuner. The Jeep Meridian is based on the same platform as the Compass but is quite a bit larger than Jeep's bestselling SUV in India.
Jeep Meridian - Engine Specs & Gearbox Options
The Jeep Meridian is powered by Fiat's 2.0-litre turbocharged Multijet diesel engine. This turbo diesel engine produces 168bhp and 350Nm of peak torque.
The new Jeep Meridian's engine is paired with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 9-speed torque converter automatic transmission. These gearboxes will either send power to just the front wheels or all four wheels depending on the variant optioned by the customer.
Jeep Meridian Dimensions
The Jeep Meridian is quite a large SUV. The American 7-seater Meridian SUV measures 4,769mm long, 1,859mm wide and 1,682mm tall. The wheelbase of the new Jeep Meridian is 2,636mm long.
Compared to the Jeep Compass, the new Meridian is 364mm longer, 41mm wider and 42mm taller than the Compass. The wheelbase of the new Meridian is 158mm longer than that of the Compass to make up for the additional row of seats at the back.
However, that new row of seats at the back has seen the boot space shrink to just 233 litres. By folding the middle and back tow of seats, new Meridian owners can expand the SUV's boot space to a massive 1,760 litres.
Jeep Meridian - Design & Features
The Jeep Meridian's design looks similar to that of the Compass with a few highlights that take inspiration from the much larger Grand Cherokee SUV.
At the front, the Meridian features slim LED projector headlights that look a lot sleeker compared to the ones on the Compass.
The front bumper is also different compared to the smaller SUV with the Meridian's unit featuring a large chrome slat that runs across its entire width connecting the fog lamp surrounds with each other. The lower section of the front and rear bumpers along with the side sills and wheel arches are finished in black cladding which gives the SUV a more rugged look.
At the rear, the sleek horizontal tail lights are inspired by those found on the larger Grand Cherokee SUV. The LED units are connected together by a large chrome strip that features the Jeep name badge embossed into it.
Step inside the new Meridian and you'll be greeted by quite a familiar cabin layout. However, the cabin features new brown upholstery. The Meridian also sports a dual-zone climate control system, a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support which can be controlled using controls mounted on the steering wheel.
Other features include a 10.25-inch digital driver's display, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting in multiple colour options, and a host of safety features including multiple airbags, electric parking brake, electronic stability control (ESC), traction control (TC), tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) and front and rear parking sensors.
Thoughts On The Jeep Meridian
The Jeep Meridian sees the American SUV manufacturer step into a segment long dominated by the Toyota Fortuner. We've driven the Meridian SUV and found it to be quite a capable beast offroad. Exactly how it will perform in the Indian market will depend on the price which we expect to start around the Rs 34-35 lakh mark.