- 5 min ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- 28 min ago Mahindra Sales Rise By 59% Y-o-Y In June 2022
- 8 hrs ago 2022 Hyundai Venue Vs 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Which New Sub-4m SUV Should You Buy?
- 15 hrs ago Tata Motors Sells Record 45,197 Units In June 2022 - Sales Up By 87.46% Y-o-Y
- News Udaipur Tailor murder: 4-hour curfew break today, Internet still suspended
- Technology Nokia T10 Tablet Clears FCC Listing With 5100mAh Battery
- Finance Brokerage Suggests Buy This Large-Cap Tata Stock For 21% Gains, Given Over 192% Returns In 3 Years
- Movies Nima Denzongpa: Iqbal Khan Bids Adieu To The Show; Says It Was A Beautiful Journey Of 6 Months
- Sports India vs Derbyshire: Hooda, Sanju, Suryakumar guide Indians to win in T20 practice match
- Lifestyle Hadid Sisters Hit Runway For Marc Jacobs With Partially 'Shaved' Heads And Bleached Brows
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
- Education CMI Result 2022 Declared for B.Sc Courses: Check Scorecard, Cut Off & Merit List at www.cmi.ac.in
Hyundai has finally revealed the launch date of the upcoming 2022 iteration of the Hyundai Tucson SUV in India. According to Hyundai India, the launch of the fourth-generation Hyundai Tucson SUV will take place on 13th July 2022.
Hyundai has high hopes for the new Tucson SUV in India, given the segment is picking up pace in the Indian market and the latest iteration of the SUV has been a big success for the South Korean automaker as it managed to sell more than 7 lakh units globally.
Speaking about the upcoming new Hyundai Tucson, the SUV made its global debut back in 2020, and it is definitely a head-turner and it is capable of grabbing attention with its very sophisticated design language.
Earlier, this model has also been spotted several times testing in India wearing heavy camouflage stickers. Also, the latest spy shots revealed the mildly camouflaged interior of the fourth-generation Hyundai Tucson.
Starting with the exterior, the upcoming new 2022 Hyundai Tucson SUV gets a completely redesigned exterior that represents the automaker's latest design philosophy - Sensuous Sportiness.
As part of this latest design language, Hyundai Tucson SUV sports the company's new 3D front grille with vertically stacked LED headlights mounted on the front bumper. The new front bumper also houses faux skid plates for more rugged looks.
On the sides, the new 2022 Hyundai Tucson SUV sports more than a few sharp cuts and creases, which we think gives the SUV a lot of sporty character. Complimenting this sporty theme are the large diamond-cut alloy wheels that neatly fill the wheel arches.
At the rear, the Hyundai Tucson SUV sports very stylish-looking triangular looking LED tail lamps with full-width LED light bars.
On the inside, the new Hyundai Tucson SUV looks very sophisticated with its cockpit-style interior partitioning. Also, the presence of a full-colour digital driver's display and a large touchscreen infotainment unit lift the premiumness.
When launched, the 2022 Hyundai Tucson SUV will be going up against SUVs such as Citroen C5 Aircross, Jeep Compass, and Volkswagen Tiguan in India. Moreover, the new SUV will be a significant step up from the recently discontinued model in terms of features and material quality.
In terms of features, we expect the upcoming 2022 Hyundai Tucson SUV to come with features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, panoramic sunroof, auto climate control, rear AC vents, ventilated seats, auto headlamps, auto wipers, auto Day/Night mirrors, wireless charging, electrical seat adjustments, multi-colour ambient lighting, and much more.
The 2022 Hyundai Tucson SUV is likely to sport 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol and diesel powertrains in India. The petrol engine is likely to produce around 154bhp of peak power and 192Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the diesel unit is likely to push 184bhp of peak power and 417Nm of peak torque.
Apart from that, both engine options are likely to come with a choice of 6-speed manual and automatic gearbox. However, we are not sure whether Hyundai will offer the AWD variant of the SUV.
Also, the new Hyundai Tucson scored a perfect 5-star safety rating at the Euro NCAP and given the current automobile trend in India, Hyundai is likely to offer Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) in the top-end variant of the SUV.
Thoughts About The Upcoming New 2022 Hyundai Tucson
The fourth-generation Hyundai Tucson is a very important SUV for the South Korean automaker in India and we expect this model to be a decent seller in its segment.