- 41 min ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 2 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 24 hrs ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Technology James Webb Chronicles Its Best Pillars Of Creation Image Yet
- News Your valued support will be source of strength: PM Modi tells Biden on G20 Presidency
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Movies Urfi Javed Exposes A Group Of Teenagers Making Abusing Calls, Says Will File Police Complaint
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 EV gets a 614-kilometre driving range. This is rather impressive and places the Hyundai Ioniq 6 among an elite segment of electric vehicles. It is also one of the most aerodynamic vehicles in the global automotive market.
Electric vehicles are all set to take over the automotive market as we know it. While many still debate on the advantages and disadvantages of electric mobility, major car manufacturers have made their vision very clear to the world. The future is electric and car manufacturers are pouring every possible resource to develop EVs like never before.
Hyundai is one of those brands that has been very vocal about electric cars and the Korean brand has already launched electric cars in different markets around the world. Even in India, Hyundai was one of the first mainstream manufacturers to bring in an EV in the form of the Hyundai Kona.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV was a superhit across various international markets and now, the Ioniq 6 has broken cover. Firstly, it is one of the most aerodynamic cars in the world with a drag coefficient of 0.21. This does translate quite a lot into the design and styling of the Hyundai Ioniq 6.
There are no unnecessary creases or design lines that could increase drag. It is a simple, neat, and crisp design up front and gets a proper sloping roofline at the rear. There is a spoiler as well as a pronounced boot lid lip at the rear.
In terms of the powertrain, the Hyundai Ioniq 6 is available with two battery options. The shorter range variant is powered by a 53kWh battery pack while the long-range variant gets a 77.4kWh battery pack.
The 53kWh battery pack is paired with an electric motor that produces 325bhp and 605Nm. The long-range variant is available with AWD as an option as well. Acceleration from 0-100km/h takes just 5.1 seconds and there are a variety of charging options available with the electric car.
The quickest one though, is the 350kW DC charging option. Charging from 10-80 percent is done in just 18 minutes! With a 614 kilometre range, this simply means, a range of around 429 kilometres can be achieved by charging the EV for just 18 minutes, under ideal conditions.
Byung Hoon MIng, Head of Total Vehicle Performance Development Center at Hyundai Motor Company was quoted as saying, "We put every effort into designing the ost efficient car in the EV segment. Our focus on improving aerodynamics helped to achieve one of the longest all-electric vehicles available, which will reduce customers' EV range anxiety and help grow the segment."
We do not expect the Hyundai Ioniq 6 to be launched in India. However, Hyundai will bring in the Ioniq 5 to rival the likes of the Kia EV6.
Thoughts On Hyundai Ioniq 6 & Its 614 Kilometre Range
The Hyundai Ioniq range has always had quite a few interesting electric vehicles. The latest Ioniq 6 seems like the most interesting one yet with an excellent range. While we in India won't be getting the Ioniq 6 anytime soon, it will be interesting to see what the Ioniq 5 can achieve in the Indian market.