- 9 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 14 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports Top javelin thrower Shivpal Singh handed 4-year ban for failing dope test
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- News 'Adipurush' teaser review: A visually-arresting clip backed by solid BGM
- Movies Adipurush Teaser Review: Prabhas Embodies Lord Rama Completely In The Animated Epic Battle Of Good And Evil
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover has been spotted testing in Chennai under heavy camouflage. The Hyundai Ioniq 5 crossover is the sister model of the recently launched Kia EV6 electric crossover and both electric vehicles are based on the e-GMP platform.
While Kia will be bringing just 100 units of EV6 electric crossover as Completely Built-Up Units (CBU), the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover will be locally assembled.
Moreover, we are expecting the South Korean automaker to soon launch the Ioniq 5 electric vehicle in India before the end of 2022. As such, the launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric vehicle will expand the South Korean automaker's EV product portfolio in the country.
Speaking about the Hyundai Ioniq 5, when launched in India, it will be the South Korean automaker's second electric vehicle in the country after the Hyundai Kona electric SUV. Moreover, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover is the 2022 World Car Of The Year winner.
Coming to its name, the name 'Ioniq' is a combination of two words "ion" and "unique". Like its name, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 crossover electric vehicle looks pretty futuristic and unique with its sharp and edgy styling.
Standout features on the exterior of the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover include a pair of dual U-shaped LED DRLs, pop-out door handles, rectangular LED tail lamps, 20-inch alloy wheels, raked rear glass, and an integrated rear spoiler.
Stepping inside the Hyundai Ioniq 5 crossover electric vehicle, the EV immediately takes us 10 years forward with its environmentally friendly materials and futuristic-looking cabin design. While the design and colour combination is not for everybody's liking, it definitely grabs attention and also echoes the South Korean automaker's commitment towards sustainability.
Notable features on the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover include a pair of 12-inch screens with BlueLink connectivity and a full-colour heads-up display (HUD).
In terms of powertrain options, Hyundai offers the Ioniq 5 electric crossover with two different battery packs. This includes a smaller 58kWh battery pack and a larger 72.6kWh battery pack. Apart from that, Hyundai also offers both 2WD and AWD variants of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover.
We expect, Hyundai to launch the Ioniq 5 with a smaller battery pack and 2WD layout during its launch in India to keep the prices aggressive. Speaking of which, the 2WD variant of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover is powered by a single 215bhp electric motor with 350Nm of peak torque output.
On the other hand, the AWD variant comes equipped with two electric motors powering each axle and producing a combined power and torque output of 302bhp and 605Nm of torque, respectively.
In terms of range, the 'long-range' variant equipped with the larger 72.6kWh battery pack and 2WD layout can do more than 481kms per full charge. On the other hand, the same powertrain equipped with the smaller battery pack can do 385kms on a full charge.
Thanks to the CKD route, we expect the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 to be priced anywhere between Rs 38 lakh to Rs 45 lakh depending upon the variants.
Thoughts About Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Crossover
With the EV segment slowly gaining traction in the Indian automotive market, the launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 will give South Korean automaker decent traction in the growing premium EV segment in India.