- 2 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 19 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News AFSPA in parts of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland extended for 6 months from today
- Technology Sony Diwali Sale Offering Bumper Discounts on Bravia TVs, Soundbars, Headphones, More
- Finance UPI Transactions Up Over 3 Per Cent At 678 Crore in September
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Sports Thai GP: Marco Bezzecchi grabs surprise pole
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover has been spotted testing in Chennai under heavy camouflage. The Hyundai Ioniq 5 crossover is the sister model of the recently launched Kia EV6 electric crossover and both electric vehicles are based on the e-GMP platform.
While Kia will be bringing just 100 units of EV6 electric crossover as Completely Built-Up Units (CBU), the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover will be locally assembled.
Moreover, we are expecting the South Korean automaker to soon launch the Ioniq 5 electric vehicle in India before the end of 2022. As such, the launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric vehicle will expand the South Korean automaker's EV product portfolio in the country.
Speaking about the Hyundai Ioniq 5, when launched in India, it will be the South Korean automaker's second electric vehicle in the country after the Hyundai Kona electric SUV. Moreover, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover is the 2022 World Car Of The Year winner.
Coming to its name, the name 'Ioniq' is a combination of two words "ion" and "unique". Like its name, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 crossover electric vehicle looks pretty futuristic and unique with its sharp and edgy styling.
Standout features on the exterior of the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover include a pair of dual U-shaped LED DRLs, pop-out door handles, rectangular LED tail lamps, 20-inch alloy wheels, raked rear glass, and an integrated rear spoiler.
Stepping inside the Hyundai Ioniq 5 crossover electric vehicle, the EV immediately takes us 10 years forward with its environmentally friendly materials and futuristic-looking cabin design. While the design and colour combination is not for everybody's liking, it definitely grabs attention and also echoes the South Korean automaker's commitment towards sustainability.
Notable features on the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover include a pair of 12-inch screens with BlueLink connectivity and a full-colour heads-up display (HUD).
In terms of powertrain options, Hyundai offers the Ioniq 5 electric crossover with two different battery packs. This includes a smaller 58kWh battery pack and a larger 72.6kWh battery pack. Apart from that, Hyundai also offers both 2WD and AWD variants of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover.
We expect, Hyundai to launch the Ioniq 5 with a smaller battery pack and 2WD layout during its launch in India to keep the prices aggressive. Speaking of which, the 2WD variant of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric crossover is powered by a single 215bhp electric motor with 350Nm of peak torque output.
On the other hand, the AWD variant comes equipped with two electric motors powering each axle and producing a combined power and torque output of 302bhp and 605Nm of torque, respectively.
In terms of range, the 'long-range' variant equipped with the larger 72.6kWh battery pack and 2WD layout can do more than 481kms per full charge. On the other hand, the same powertrain equipped with the smaller battery pack can do 385kms on a full charge.
Thanks to the CKD route, we expect the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq 5 to be priced anywhere between Rs 38 lakh to Rs 45 lakh depending upon the variants.
Thoughts About Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Crossover
With the EV segment slowly gaining traction in the Indian automotive market, the launch of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 will give South Korean automaker decent traction in the growing premium EV segment in India.