- 6 hrs ago 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Will Discontinue Small Cars If Costs Become Unviable - Govt. To Blame?
- 10 hrs ago Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- 10 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard Launched At Rs 11.49 Lakh
- Sports India vs Ireland 2nd T20I, Highlights: Hooda, Samson sizzle as Umran Malik hands India thrilling win
- Technology Best Mobile Phones With 6,000mAh Battery Launched In 2022
- Movies Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu Release Date: Silambarasan's Film To Hit The Theatres On September 15
- News Udaipur beheading incident: ASI suspended for negligence
- Finance This Quality Large Cap Stock Announces Record Date For Rs. 22/Share Dividend: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Hindustan Motors and its Ambassador brand are all set to make a comeback in the Indian market. It was only a couple of days ago that we reported the rebirth of Hindustan Motors and the resurgence of the Ambassador. Now, reports have surfaced claiming that the next Ambassador will be electric and the HM will also produce electric scooters.
There probably isn't any automotive brand in India that has as rich a heritage as Hindustan Motors. In 1957, Hindustan Motors signed an agreement with the British Motor Corporation to manufacture the Morris Oxford Series III in India. This is how the HM Ambassador was birthed.
Over the few decades that were to come, the HM Ambassador absolutely dominated Indian roads, becoming the car of choice for the wealthy, the political elite, government officials, and even the common man. In recent years though, the car's popularity decreased due to various reasons.
Now though, it seems like the time for Hindustan Motors' comeback has arrived. Reports suggest that it will now be re-launched as an EV manufacturer. Its resurrected life will start off with the manufacturing of electric scooters, for which the manufacturer has reportedly partnered with a European EV brand.
The upcoming electric scooters will be manufactured at its plant near Kolkata. At a later stage, Hindustan Motors will launch electric cars too and it is quite possible that we might see an electric Ambassador.
Thoughts on Hindustan Motors Producing Electric Scooters & Cars, And Electric Ambassador Being Developed
Hindustan Motors is a heritage brand in India and there's a lot more to it than just the name. Almost everyone has some sort of memory with the Ambassador and given this heritage, it is quite a good feeling to see it come back. Although this time it will be as an electric vehicle manufacturer.