- 6 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 11 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 23 hrs ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 24 hrs ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports RSWS 2022: Brett Lee's son Preston Charles gets batting tips and life lessons from Sachin Tendulkar-Brian Lara
- News India vs South Africa T20 cricket streaming details: Where to watch 2nd match in your country live online?
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Finance Forgot Your UAN Password? Know How To Reset/Change UAN Password
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Fans Upset As Sajid Khan Joins Show As Contestant, Slam Shehnaz Gill For Her Support
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
MG Motor made its debut in India with the MG Hector and the success of this 5-seater SUV laid the foundations for the Chinese-owned British automaker in the country. Moreover, MG Hector SUV is the company's best-selling product range in the country. As such, MG Motor needs to keep the model updated and fresh to attract newer customers. Though MG has been able to attract customers with timely mild updates and the most recent update to the MG Hector SUV being made in 2021.
However, these mild updates do not make a long-lasting impression on the buyers and most customers still think of the MG Hector as the 'Internet SUV' with a large infotainment screen - A feature that has been present since the debut of the SUV in India.
Though the update in 2019 did make a few changes in terms of design, thanks to the arrival of new entrants in the C and D SUV segment, it has become difficult for the MG Hector SUV to stand out from the crowd with its long feature list alone.
As such a new significant update is required to make the SUV a lot more visible on the 'buyer's radar'. MG Motor India has now realised that and is now gearing up to launch the heavily updated MG Hector SUV in India, and here's everything you need to know about the 2023 MG Hector SUV.
The latest update will make the MG Hector looks a lot more premium and distinct with its large imposing front grille with diamond-like mesh pattern, repositioned LED headlamps, new front and rear bumpers, updated tail lights and more. However, we expect the silhouette to remain similar to the outgoing model.
MG Motor India has already released a few images of the updated interior of the upcoming new MG Hector SUV. Looking at these images, the interior of the 2023 MG Hector SUV looks a lot more premium and sophisticated than the outgoing model.
Starting with the dashboard design, the double-layered design and new D-shaped horizontal AC vents accentuate the width of the cabin, whereas the new portrait-style 14-inch HD infotainment screen adds to the sophistication.
Moreover, the minimal button design and ambient lighting strips really elevate the cabin of the upcoming new MG Hector SUV. Additionally, the new model also gets a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The upcoming MG Hector SUV will sport Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) - Not surprising, given the automotive trend in India.
As ADAS is an active safety system and it is already available in MG vehicles such as MG Gloster and MG Astor, it is safe to expect features such as Adaptive Cruise Control, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Parking Assist, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and much more.
In terms of features, though the MG Hector SUV continues to be one of the most tech-loaded cars in India, we expect the upcoming model to come with even more features. Expect to see features such as an improved 360-degree surround-view camera, a wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, powered seat adjustments, steering mounted audio controls, a better music system, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, cooled glove box, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting with more colour options, better upholstery and many more. Other than this, we also expect MG to equip the updated MG Hector SUV with AI Assistant.
In terms of powertrain, we expect MG to continue similar engine options. Moreover, the popular choice is likely to be the 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine with 167.75bhp of peak power and 350Nm of peak torque. Though this unit comes with a 6-speed manual transmission, we do expect to see a new automatic transmission in the updated model.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre petrol engine with 141bhp of power and 250Nm of torque may sport an ISG for better fuel efficiency. Gearbox options are likely to continue with the same 6-speed manual and CVT units.
Thoughts About Facelifted MG Hector SUV
We expect the 2023 MG Hector SUV to set a new benchmark in terms of features and equipment offered. Also, it will be interesting to see how the competition responds to such a feature-loaded vehicle.