- 16 min ago Kia Sales Grow By 60 Per Cent Y-o-Y In June 2022 - Records Highest-Ever Monthly Sales
- 1 hr ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder - Features, Safety, Powertrain, Variants, Warranty, Price & More
- 2 hrs ago New Standards For Tyres In India: Government Regulations For Wet Grip, Rolling Resistance & More
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Sales Rise By 59% Y-o-Y In June 2022
- Finance 3 Stocks To Go Ex-Bonus Next Week: Check Details
- Sports Fact Check: Is Virat Kohli retiring after another low score against England at Edgbaston?
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Congratulates Baywatch Co-Star Alexandra Daddario On Her Wedding
- News Capt Amarinder Singh likely to be NDA's pick for Vice President candidate
- Technology Lenovo Tab P11 Plus Coming To India Soon; Pricing Officially Confirmed
- Lifestyle 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- Education FMGE Result 2022 Declared For June Session At natboard.edu.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
Fisker Inc is all set to open its headquarters in India. The American electric vehicle manufacturer has chosen Hyderabad as the location for its Indian headquarters. Its Indian arm has been named Fisker Vigyan India Pvt Ltd. Employees at the brand's Hyderabad headquarters will work alongside the engineering and product development teams in California.
The world is going electric and in this day and age, all automotive manufacturers want to go the electric way. Many of them have already launched electric vehicles and the rest are working on the development of one. Even consumer technology manufacturers want to get into the EV business. However, there are some brands that have been in the EV game for a long time and Fisker is one of them.
Fisker Inc as it is known today was founded in 2016 by Henrik Fisker and his wife Geeta Gupta-Fisker. The brand however, was launched way before that. Henrik Fisker first launched Fisker Automotive in 2007 and it was this brand that produced the Fisker Karma.
The Karma was an electric performance car that brought about Fisker's rise to fame. Over 2,000 Fisker Karma EVs were sold across the world before rights to the Karma name and all the design and technology that went into it were bought by a Chinese company in 2014. In 2016, Fisker Inc was born and the brand immediately got into the development of new EVs.
Fisker had earlier announced that it would be launching the Fisker Ocean in India. The Fisker Ocean is the brand's first electric SUV and production of the same will be started in November 2022. Even before production begins, the Fisker Ocean has racked up 40,000 bookings.
Now, the brand has announced its new headquarters being set up in Hyderabad. Fisker will hire more than 200 employees for its new facility in Hyderabad and reports state that recruitment has already started.
It was only a few weeks ago that K T Ramarao, IT and Industries minister for Telangana along with a delegation, visited Fisker's top management in America. It was then that the minister invited Fisker to set up shop in the state. Hyderabad has a high number of techies, so it only seems fitting that Hyderabad was chosen as the ideal location.
Fisker's Indian headquarters will work on software and virtual vehicle development for the brand's future EVs. The brand currently has an employee strength of around 450 and this is expected to increase to around 800 employees by the end of the year once hiring in India and Europe is completed.
Henrik Fisker, Chairman & CEO of Fisker Inc was quoted as saying, "Our expansion into India represents both a strategic market opportunity and a significant boost to our global engineering capabilities. We have already started local hiring in India and expect our new team in Hyderabad to be fully operational and engaged in multiple product programs within weeks."
He went on to say, "Our talent pool in India will help us pave the way for the launch of Fisker Ocean and Fisker PEAR in India." With this statement, the launch of Fisker's two new EVs has been confirmed for the Indian market. However, there is no timeline yet for the launch of these two EVs.
Thoughts On Fisker Setting Up Headquarters In Hyderabad & Launching Two EVs In India
Fisker is one of the first EV brands in the world to have introduced great levels of performance and range in a mainstream vehicle. Soon, we in India will have access to similar levels of performance thanks to Fiskar's entry into India. With the headquarters being established in Hyderabad, Fisker's Indian operations are all set to become easier.