- 2 hrs ago Ultra-Rare BMW 3.0 CSL Revealed With 552bhp - The Ultimate Driving Birthday Present
- 5 hrs ago Exclusive: Toyota Innova Hycross Variant-Wise Features List Revealed
- 8 hrs ago Pravaig Defy Launched At Rs 39.5 Lakh - 402bhp, 500km+ Range Electric SUV
- 9 hrs ago Volvo XC40 Recharge Gets Costlier - New Price To Be Effective From Today Onwards
- News New 7.72 lakh voters added to J&K's electoral roll
- Sports PKL 2022: Dabang Delhi cruise beat Gujarat Giants 50-47 as Naveen Kumar, Ashu Malik star
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sees 77% Upside In 2 Mid Cap Stocks, Assigns Buy Call
- Education TN CPGET 2022: Osmania University Declared Phase 2 Seat Allotment Result; Get Link Here
- Movies ‘I Do Not Idolise SRK’ When Vivek Oberoi Said He ‘Loves’ Salman & Called Shah Rukh ‘Arrogant’
- Lifestyle Why Do You Experience Static Shocks In Winter Season?
- Travel Zambezi River Cruise – Cruise Tour Of African Melody
- Technology Elon Musk's Neuralink Teases 'Show And Tell' Event For Nov 30: What To Expect?
Citroen is gearing up to debut the C3-based electric hatchback on September, 29. Moreover, we expect this all-electric hatchback to launch during the first half of 2023.
With the launch of the Citroen C3 electric hatchback, Citroen will be competing against the upcoming Tata Tiago EV electric hatchback. However, since official specifications are yet to be disclosed for both electric vehicles, it is just too soon to comment on how they will compete with each other.
In international markets, the electric version of the Citroen C4 is sold as 'Citroen e-C4', and this model comes equipped with a large 50kWh battery pack. Thanks to such a large battery pack, the Citroen claims that the e-C4 can do 350km on a fully charged battery pack.
Apart from that, the Citroen e-C4 comes with a powerful 135bhp electric motor with 260Nm of peak torque. However, the party-piece of the Citroen e-C4 is its ability to charge using a 100kW DC fast charger. This enables the Citroen e-C4 to charge to 80 per cent of its capacity in just 30 minutes.
However, we are not sure if the upcoming Citroen C3 electric hatchback will feature a similar powertrain to keep the prices competitive.
Speaking about pricing, the upcoming Citroen C3 electric hatchback is likely to be priced below the Rs 12 lakh price bracket as the starting price will play a crucial role in attracting customers to the showroom across the country. Moreover, in a price-sensitive market such as India, having an aggressive starting price could attract a lot of interest from potential buyers as well.
That being said, the upcoming Citroen C3 electric hatchback will be built on the same Compact Modular Platform (CMP) as the standard Citroen C3 hatchback. Apart from that, the French automaker is also planning to bring a few more vehicles to the Indian automobile market.
In terms of features, the upcoming Citroen C3 electric hatchback is likely to come with features such as a large 10-inch Citroen Connect touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, one-touch down windows, a new digital instrument cluster, flat-folding rear seat, and much more. On the other hand, safety features include driver & passenger airbags, reverse parking sensors, child lock, speed-sensitive door lock, ABS with EBD and much more.
At present, the standard Citroen C3 hatchback is available with two engine options. The base engine option is a 1.2-litre, naturally-aspirated, three-cylinder engine called the PURETECH 82. This engine puts out a respectable 80.8bhp of peak power and 115Nm of peak torque. This powertrain comes exclusively mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The next engine option is almost the same but sports a turbocharger for more power and torque. This engine is christened 'PURETECH 110' and pushes out 108.4bhp of power and 190Nm of peak torque. To make better use of additional power and torque, this engine also gets a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts About Citroen C3 EV
The launch of the Citroen C3 electric hatchback will be crucial for the automaker's foothold in the booming EV segment in India. Moreover, the Citroen C3 EV could be an attractive option for many urban dwellers in the country.