- Sports IPL 2022: Gujarat Titans GT players’ past IPL playoffs stats and records, key players to watch out
- News There is no Shivling inside Gyanvyapi mosque: SP MP Shafiqur Rahman Barq
- Movies Suhana Khan Celebrates Birthday: Mom Gauri Khan, BFF Ananya Panday Wish The Archies Actress
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
The French car manufacturer, Citroen has launched the C3 SUV in Argentina. That being said, the Citroen C3 SUV will soon make its debut on Indian soil and according to sources, it is most likely to be the first SUV in India to be offered with a flex-fuel engine.
Codenamed CC21, the Citroen C3 SUV will be the second product from the French marque in India and Citroen calls the upcoming Citroen C3 SUV 'Made In India for Indians'.
The Citroen C3 SUV will utilise the French manufacturer's Common Modular Platform (CMP) to keep the production costs down. This will make the SUV more affordable in markets like India and allow the company to price it aggressively.
Unlike the Citroen C5 Aircross SUV that was previously launched in India, the Citroen C3 SUV is a compact SUV measuring less than 4-metre in length. Moreover, this will help the company to capitalise on the rising demands for SUVs under the 'Sub-4-metre' category.
This means the Citroen C3 SUV will compete against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Tata Nexon, and Mahindra XUV300.
According to sources, the upcoming Citroen C3 SUV is most likely to come with a 1.2-litre turbocharged flex-fuel engine capable of producing a respectable 130bhp. However, the Citroen C3 SUV may even get an India specific 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated engine based on their own 1.6-litre naturally aspirated engine to keep the cost down.
Like many SUVs in the Compact SUV segment in India, the Citroen C3 is most likely to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
From the images, it is clear that the upcoming Citroen C3 SUV will look substantially different to the C5 Aircross in India with its split LED DRLs that merge with the grille which in turn seamlessly integrates with the Citroen logo.
At present, Citroen C5 Aircross SUV is the French car manufacturer's only vehicle available for sale in India.
The Citroen C5 Aircross SUV competes against the likes of Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson and Volkswagen Tiguan in India and by being a premium offering, the Citroen C5 Aircross SUVs task was to build a premium image for the brand in India.
The Citroen C5 Aircross SUV is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine with 176bhp and 400Nm of torque, and it is mated to a smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Citroen C3
Despite the pandemic, the Indian automotive market is gaining momentum and we believe it is the right time for Citroen to launch the Citroen C3 SUV in the country. This will help Citroen establish a firm grip in the highly-competitive Indian automotive market.