- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift S-CNG Launched At Rs 7.77 Lakh - Most Powerful CNG Hatchback In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Classic Unveiled - Gets More Kit
- 17 hrs ago Honda Activa 7G Launch Soon - Teaser Out
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift CNG - Dealers Start Taking Unofficial Bookings Ahead Of The Launch
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha Day 2 Box Office Collection: Aamir Khan's Film Witnesses A Drop In Numbers
- Finance Buy This Tata Group Stock For A Dividend Yield Of 4.65%, Company Is Repaying Debt
- News Salman Rushdie "alive" after attack | Top points
- Sports K1000 Rally: Aishwarya Pissay, the cynosure of all eyes
- Technology Microsoft Lays Off 2,000 Employees In Just Two Months; Find Out Why
- Education MAH CET MBA/MMS 2022 Admit Card Released: Download Hall Tickets From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Travel Sakrebailu Elephant Camp Shimoga Timings, Ticket Fee, Attractions and How to Reach
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan: Bollywood Guide To Maternity Fashion
BMW has launched the 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition sedan in India. This special edition sedan is priced at Rs 67.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Moreover, the German automobile giant has already commenced online bookings for the special edition sedan in the country.
Unlike few special edition BMW cars, the newly launched BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' sedan will be locally produced at the automaker's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Speaking about the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition', the special edition sedan is launched to celebrate 50 years of the 'M' division, and the model itself is based on the top-end BMW 5 Series 530i M Sport trim.
This means the special edition BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' uses a 2.0-litre, twin-turbocharged, inline-4, DOHC petrol engine. This engine produces 248bhp of peak power at 5,200rpm and 350Nm of peak torque between 1,450rpm and 4,800rpm. Moreover, this engine comes exclusively mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
According to BMW, the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' can do 0-100km/h sprint in just 6.1 seconds. Moreover, like the standard BMW 5 Series 530i, the top speed of this model is likely to be limited to 250km/h.
While the mechanicals of the car is pretty much identical to the standard BMW 5 Series 530i sedan, it is the exterior and interior details that make the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' special.
Starting with the exterior, the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' gets more sporty design elements such as an all-black kidney grille, 'M' emblem at both front and rear, black alloy wheels, '50 Years of M' door projector, M logo in wheel hub caps, Laser headlamps with M Lights shadow line, and a pair of new LED taillamps with 3D light guides.
On the inside, the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' gets M colour stitching on the leather seats, steering wheel and seat belts. Though a minor addition, these stitchings make the interior look a lot more sporty than the standard model.
Notable features on the inside of the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' sedan includes a 12.3-inch fully digital instrument cluster, BMW virtual assistant, another 12.3-inch infotainment unit with BMW 7.0 operating system and 3D navigation.
Other than these features, the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' also gets BMW gesture control, wireless charging, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, a 16-speaker music system and a BMW display key.
Thoughts About The BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' Sedan
The BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' seems to be a very desirable sedan. Moreover, the sedan also offers sports car-like performance from its 2.0-litre turbocharged engine. Overall, if you are in the market for a sporty yet comfortable premium sedan, the BMW 5 Series '50 Jahre M Edition' seems to be definitely worth your booking.