- Finance PSU Bank Launches Special FD With Higher Interest Rate Only For Limited Period
- Movies Vijay Varma Reveals SRK Was Interested In Playing Hamza, Calls Darlings An Antithesis Of Kabir Singh
- Technology Vivo V25 Pro With 120Hz Display, Dimensity 1300 SoC Launched In India
- News SC adjourns hearing on 'freebies' by political parties for Aug 20
- Sports Emma Raducanu will forever 'cherish' opportunity to face Serena Williams
- Education TS LAWCET Result 2022 Today At lawcet.tsche.ac.in; Know Details
- Lifestyle Amitabh Bachchan's Voicenote To Raju Shrivastava: How Does The Sound Of Loved Ones Awaken A Comatose Brain?
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR continued its domination of the list of bestselling car models sold in India. The Tata Nexon was the best-selling SUV, the Maruti Eeco was the bestselling van, while the Dzire took the sedan crown in July.
Maruti Suzuki continued to dominate the list of best selling car models in July with the nation's largest carmaker accounting for 6 of the top 10 cars sold in India.
Let's take a look at the top 10 best-selling cars sold in the India last month...
1) Maruti Suzuki WagonR - 22,588
The WagonR continues to be the most popular car sold in India with Maruti Suzuki selling 22,588 units of the tall boy hatchback in India, more than the total monthly sales of many car brands currently in India. Sales of the WagonR were slightly down compared to the same period last year, with Maruti selling 248 units last month when compared to July 2021's 22,836 units.
2) Maruti Suzuki Baleno - 17,960 Units
Maruti Suzuki sold 17,960 units of the Baleno hatchback in the country last month. Sales of the Baleno hatch were up by 21.94 per cent (3,231 units) Year-over-Year compared to July 2021's 14,729 units.
3) Maruti Suzuki Swift - 17,539 Units
Completing the clean sweep of the podium for Maruti Suzuki is the Swift with 17,539 units of the hatchback finding buyers last month. Sales of the Swift dropped by 4.86 per cent (895 units) compared to July 2021, when Maruti shipped out 18,434 units.
4) Tata Nexon - 14,214 Units
The Tata Nexon is the first non-Maruti car on this list and the highest ranked SUV on July's sales charts. The Nexon is available in petrol, diesel and EV guises and Tata shipped out 14,214 units of the SUV last month. Sales of the Nexon rose by 38.17 per cent (3,927 units) compared to July 2021, when Tata shipped out 10,287 units of the SUV.
5) Maruti Suzuki Dzire - 13,747 Units
The Dzire was the best performing sedan on the July 2022 sales charts. Maruti Suzuki shipped out 13,747 Dzires in July 2022, a 31.30 per cent (3,277 units) Y-o-Y gain over the same period last year. In July 2021, Maruti shipped out 10,470 units of the Dzire.
6) Maruti Suzuki Eeco - 13,048 Units
The Eeco continues its reign as the best selling van in the Indian car market. Last month, Maruti Suzuki sold 13,048 units of the Eeco which was a 29.74 per cent (2,991 units) Year-over-year gain compared to July 2021 when 10,057 units of the Eeco hit the roads.
7) Hyundai Creta - 12,625 Units
The Hyundai Creta continues its dominance of the mid-size SUV segment with the South Korean carmaker selling 12,625 units in July. Sales of the Creta were marginally down compared to July 2021, dropping by 2.88 per cent or 375 units. In July 2021, Hyundai shipped out 13,000 units of the Creta.
8) Hyundai Venue - 12,000 Units
The Hyundai Venue was India's third best-selling SUV in July 2022. Hyundai shipped out 12,000 units of the Venue last month, a Year-over-Year gain of 46.61 per cent or 3,815 over July 2021. Last year in July, Hyundai shipped out 8,815 units of the Venue.
9) Maruti Suzuki S-Presso - 11,268 Units
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso with its SUVish looks took the 9th spot on this list. Maruti Suzuki shipped out 11,268 units of the raised entry-level hatchback in July 2022. Sales of the S-Presso rose by 65.27 per cent (4,450 units) Y-o-Y compared to July 2021, when Maruti shipped out 6,818 units of the hatch.
10) Tata Punch - 11,007 Units
The Tata Punch was launched late last year in India and since then the small 'SUV' has managed to push its way into the top 10 cars list on a regular basis. Tata sold 11,007 units of the Punch in July 2022.
Thoughts About India's Best-Selling Cars
Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the Indian car scene accounting for 60 per cent of the top 10 cars sold in the country. The Nexon continues to grow from strength to strength as it continues to be the best SUV in the market today.