- 1 hr ago 2022 Ola S1 Comes With More Range, Top Speed & Features
- 3 hrs ago 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - AMT Gearbox, Touchscreen Infotainment, Steering Controls & More
- 18 hrs ago Mahindra BE & Twin Peaks Electric SUV Brands Revealed - 5 New EVs Unveiled
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric ‘Shocks’ The Country Again - Ola S1 Bookings Open & Ola Electric Car Unveiled
- Lifestyle Lalita Saptami 2022: Date, Iconography, Puja Rituals, History, And Significance
- Finance Balaji Solutions Files Draft Papers With Sebi, To Raise Funds via IPO
- Technology Pixel 6 Series Can’t Revert From Android 13 Update To 12; Stable Upgrade Rolled Out
- Movies Debina Bonnerjee & Gurmeet Choudhary To Welcome Second Child 4 Months After The Birth Of Their Daughter
- Sports Usyk determined to make Ukrainians proud in Joshua rematch
- Education UPSC CDS 2 OTA Result 2021 Declared @upsc.gov.in; Get Direct Link Here
- News Kerala: Fishermen protest against Adani port project in Vizhinjam | VIDEO
- Travel Elbe Valley: A Fairy-tale Landscape In Germany
Hyundai has launched the 2022 iteration of the Venue SUV in India, following which Maruti Suzuki has also launched the much-awaited 2022 iteration of the Brezza SUV in the country.
This gives rise to the simple question, which is the better sub-4m SUV amongst the two. In this comparison, we shall compare both these SUVs in terms of their design, features, powertrain, and price.
Starting with the design, both SUVs look very sophisticated and contemporary in their design. However, the overall design of the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza somehow feels a bit better executed than the 2022 Hyundai Venue SUV.
While the previous iteration of the Hyundai Venue SUV had a better-looking interior compared to the previous Vitara Brezza SUV, it seems that the roles have been reversed this time with the 2022 Brezza having slightly more premium-looking interiors - Courtesy of layered dashboard and floating infotainment unit.
In terms of features, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza comes equipped with features such as an electric sunroof, updated MID display, a larger 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, Alexa compatibility, Cruise Control, connected car tech, climate control, rear AC vents, and more.
Unique features to the 2022 Brezza compared to the 2022 Venue includes a 360-degree surround-view camera, Arkamys sound system, heads-up display (HUD), and a few more.
On the other hand, the 2022 Hyundai Venue SUV comes packed with features such as 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, Cruise Control, rear AC vents, climate control, electric sunroof, and more.
Unique features on the 2022 Hyundai Venue SUV include two-step reclining rear seats, an air purifier, a fully digital instrument cluster and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
Coming to the powertrain, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza is powered by a mild-hybrid 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with a total of 104.6bhp of peak power and 137Nm of peak torque.
Moreover, the electric motor alone produces 3bhp of power and this electric motor assists the petrol engine to achieve better fuel efficiency figures.
In terms of gearbox options, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza can be specified with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
On the other hand, the 2022 iteration of the Hyundai Venue SUV comes with three engine options - 2 petrol and 1 diesel engine option. The base powertrain continues to be the 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with 81.8bhp of peak power and 114Nm of peak torque.
The second engine option is the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine with 118.4bhp of peak power and 172Nm of peak torque. Finally, the 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 98.6bhp of peak power and 240Nm of peak torque.
In addition to the three engine options, Hyundai also equipped the new Venue SUV with three gearbox options. However, only the turbo-petrol variant gets the iMT and DCT gearbox options as others get a more traditional manual transmission.
The base variants of both these SUVs play a vital role in attracting customers with their aggressive pricing. At Rs 7.52 lakhs (ex-showroom, India), the Hyundai Venue has a more aggressive price tag, whereas the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza pricing starts from Rs 7.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, India).
Moreover, the top-end variant of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza is also Rs 1.25 lakh more expensive than the top-end variant of the Hyundai Venue SUV at Rs 13.96 lakhs (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza & 2022 Hyundai Venue
The 2022 Hyundai Venue seems to have an upper hand in terms of pricing, but the new Maruti Suzuki Brezza counters with a more premium-looking design.