- 3 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- 6 hrs ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The Triumph Trident 660
- 6 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 1,000 Units Milestone: Demand For EVs Increase
- Sports IPL 2021: Virat Kohli becomes first player to score 6000 runs in Indian Premier League
- Movies Bigg Boss 14's Eijaz Khan Surprises Pavitra Punia On Her Birthday; Couple Enjoy Intimate Celebration At Home
- News Mamata Banerjee cancels all poll meetings amid soaring COVID-19 cases, to address people virtually
- Finance HDFC and ICICI Pension Fund's Equity Fund Top In NPS Return Chart
- Education Tips To Improve And Strengthen Logical Reasoning Skills
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A22 Renders Leaked; Design, Triple Cameras Tipped
The Volkswagen Virtus has been spotted doing its latest round of testing in the Indian market a couple of times. The German automaker could be testing the sedan model for its compatibility in our country roads, which will help with research and development.
However, According to the latest report by Autocar India, the Volkswagen Vitrus has been spotted testing once again in India. The Volkswagen Virtus uses the brand's famous MQB platform. As a result, the Indian market will not be getting the same sedan model. The platform will undergo heavy localization to suit the Indian market.
The new sedan is expected to borrow its design inspiration from the Volkswagen Virtus along with the features list as well. This includes LED lighting, strong shoulder line, front fascia and alloy wheels; among others. On the inside, the new sedan will come equipped with a host of features. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, a fully-digital instrument console, wireless phone charger, climate control, multiple airbags, and other active and passive safety systems. It could feature an electronic sunroof as well.
A while ago, Zac Hollins, Director for Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India, has confirmed that the company plans to launch a new sedan. The upcoming sedan from Skoda will also be using the MQB A0 IN platform and will be powered by a TSI turbo-petrol engine. As a result, the Volkswagen Virtus could be brought to the Indian shores, which will help both brands to carry out research. It will help with the development of new sedan models launched in the Indian market next year. The upcoming sedan could also replace the Vento model sold in the country.
Although it is still unclear which TSI engine will be powering the new sedan model, we could expect VW to offer both the 1.0-litre unit of the 1.5-litre unit. Both engines are already powering several models sold in the country. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce 108bhp of power at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce 148bhp of power at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Virtus
The international-spec Volkswagen Virtus is highly unlikely to be launched in India. Instead, the company will be using it to develop an all-new sedan that will be made exclusively for the Indian market. The new sedan will borrow most of its design and features from the Virtus.