- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 17 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 18 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 20 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports Sune Luus to lead South Africa women in India; Van Niekerk, Chloe Tryon still out due to injuries
- News Raut questions silence over Lok Sabha MP Mohan Delkar's death
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The German automaker, Volkswagen is all set to increase its product portfolio in the country by launching an all-new SUV called the Taigun. Ahead of its launch, the company has teased the Taigun again on its social media handle.
In the company's post, it stated, "2021 brings a new beginning for us with the arrival of the most anticipated, energetic & vibrant #SUVW of the year - The #VolkswagenTaigun." Along with the statement the company also released a new image of the Taigun SUV.
The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with other SUV models. The company has also announced that the Taigun will go on sale sometime in mid-2021 in India. It will be available as a two-wheel-drive variant only.
The Taigun will be built on an all-new platform that is specifically tailor-made to suit the buyers in the Indian market. It will be a modified version of the brand's famous MQB platform developed jointly by Skoda & Volkswagen.
The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux scuff plates at either end and a chrome-finished grille.
Based on the model showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, the Taigun will feature several trims on the inside that matches the exterior colour of the SUV. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
The Volkswagen Taigun is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV which could helo with aggressive pricing.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Volkswagen Polo GT. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox and an optional automatic torque converter unit.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Volkswagen T-Roc SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Teased Again Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Taigun is expected to be the cheapest SUV that will go on sale in the Indian market. The Taigun will be placed in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment in India. Once launched, the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kick and the upcoming Skoda Kushaq in the country.