- 23 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- News Despite flooding, India's rainfall ends below normal in July
- Sports Boxers' rhythm affected by COVID lockdown, will focus on mental strength: BFI President on mixed bag in Tokyo
- Finance PSU Banks Raise A Record Rs 58,700 Crore From Markets In FY'21
- Movies Raj Surani Signs Pawandeep Rajan, Arunita Kanjilal And Shanmukhapriya For 20 Songs
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. It will be the first model from the brand that will be launched under the India 2.0 project. Ahead of its launch, the upcoming SUV has been spied testing without camouflage in the country.
The video posted on Youtube by The Fat Biker showcases the recently unveiled production version of the Volkswagen Taigun testing in the country. The test mule is not wearing any camouflage to conceal its design or features.
The Taigun has been Made-in-India by the German brand to suit the buyers in the country. It has used the famous MQB platform and modified it to suit Indian buyers and road conditions. The new platform MQB A0 IN is relatively longer than the original platform making for a roomier cabin.
Starting with the exterior design, the Volkswagen Taigun features the brand's simple design approach. The clean lines give the upcoming SUV a bold stance. It features a sleek-looking front grille with two chrome bars running across.
The Taigun SUV features the brand's LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, and LED taillamps. The increasing popularity of lightbars is seen in the Taigun design with a larger unit placed across the length of the boot lid.
Other features on the upcoming SUV include front and rear scuff plates, all-around body cladding, chrome-finished window line, 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others. The Taigun will also be available in the GT spec variant.
The interiors of the Taigun will include the brand's virtual cockpit design with a TFT digital instrument cluster. It will also feature a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It will support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Volkswagen could offer the Taigun SUV with (ADAS) Advance Driver Assisted Technology when launched in India. This includes a lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control and more — here are all the details.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options. The lower-spec 1.0-litre engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm; mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
On the other hand, the larger 1.5-litre engine will dish out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm; mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox. The GT variant will be offered with the 1.5-litre TSI engine as standard.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Spied Testing Without Camouflage Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The spy pics of the upcoming Taigun SUV without camouflage point to the imminent India launch. The Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the upcoming Skoda Kushaq mid-size SUV in the Indian market.