- 15 hrs ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 1 day ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 1 day ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 September 19 Highlights: Khiladis Enjoy Performances Of Dance Deewane 3
- Technology List Of 512 GB Internal memory Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs MI: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Stringent lockdown where Covid spread is critical: Kerala govt
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Lifestyle 12 Indian Vegetables That You Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Volkswagen Taigun pre-bookings open in India. However, the pre-bookings are only open for those who have registered their interest earlier, and are part of the 'Taigun Squad'.
Members of the Taigun Squad who pre-book the SUV will also receive benefits from the company via a voucher worth Rs 5,000. Customers can redeem the voucher to purchase an Extended Warranty or a Service Value Pack or a specially curated accessories package.
Taigun India Launch, Deliveries & Expected Price
Volkswagen will be launching the Taigun in the third week of September and deliveries are said to begin right after the launch. Customers from the Taigun Squad program would be the first ones to receive the SUV.
The VW Taigun is offered in two trims: Standard and GT. They will further be offered with two engine, and three transmission options. The company has achieved over 95% localization. Prices for the Taigun are expected to start at around Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom. We have already driven the Taigun SUV ahead of its launch — here is our detailed review.
Exteriors & Platform
The Taigun will be using the renowned MQB platform which is modified to suit Indian buyers and road conditions. The India version of the platform is relatively longer than the original platform making for a roomier cabin, and is called MQB-A0-IN.
Speaking of the SUV's exteriors, it is expected to feature the LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs. It also gets LED fog lamps and LED taillamps. The increasing popularity of lightbars is seen in the Taigun design with a large unit placed across the length of the boot lid.
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- All-around body cladding
- Shark-fin antenna
- Chrome grille
- Roof rails
- Curcuma Yellow
- Wild Cherry Red
- Candy White
- Reflex Silver
- Carbon Steel Frey
- 8-inch digital instrument cluster
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Rear AC vents
- Front & rear charging ports
- Central armrest with cup holders
- Climate control
- Multi-collision brakes
- Auto-dimming IRVM
- Hill-hold control
- 3-point seatbelts for all seats
- Park Distance Control & rear-view camera
- Tire Pressure Deflation Warning
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
- ABS with EBD
Interiors & Technology
The Taigun will include the brand's virtual cockpit design with a TFT digital instrument cluster. It will also feature a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It will also support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Engine & Transmission
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options. The lower-spec 1.0-litre engine will produce a maximum power of 113bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm; paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
On the other hand, the larger 1.5-litre engine will dish out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm; mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox. The GT variant will be offered with the 1.5-litre TSI engine as standard.
Volkswagen is offering the Taigun with over 40 safety features including 6 Airbags on the top-spec models.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Pre-Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Taigun will be the latest mid-size SUV launching in India. With 95% localization, we can expect Taigun to be priced aggressively by the brand. Once launched, the Taigun will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster, Nissan Kicks, and the Skoda Kushaq in India.
Looking to pre-book the Taigun? Watch our review video to know more about the upcoming mid-size SUV's performance, ride quality, and mileage; among others.