- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Avail Best Discounts On Electronics Devices
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 25 Highlights: Wild Card Contestant Rajiv Adatia Makes An Entry In The House
- News Amit Shah spends night at CRPF camp in Pulwama; says will see a peaceful J&K 'in our lifetime'
- Sports T20 World Cup: Afghanistan crush Scotland in Super 12 rout
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Volkswagen launches the Taigun in India at Rs 10.49 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The Volkswagen Taigun is sold in two variants: Standard & GT. The SUV is offered with two engines and three transmission options. Pre-bookings for the VW Taigun were opened up in August and the SUV has now been launched in the Indian market.
Variants & Pricing
|GT Plus DSG||₹17,49,900|
- Wild Cherry Red
- Candy White
- Reflex Silver
- Carbon Steel Grey
The Volkswagen Taigun follows the typical VW design & style. It is based on the MQB-AO-IN platform and brings Volkswagen's mature design language to the mid-size SUV segment. Up front, it features LED Matrix headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. It also gets LED fog lamps placed down low in the bumper.
It also features a blacked-out honeycomb grille with chrome slats. It also gets all-around cladding, rides on 17-inch alloy wheels, and at the rear is an LED tail lamp with an LED bar in between. Other design highlights include a shark-fin antenna, roof rails, dual-tone ORVMs, etc.
Interior & Features
The Volkswagen Taigun features premium interiors with lots of colours and textures all over. It is a dual-tone interior but the dashboard gets a silver strip that runs across it. It comes with a flat-bottom steering wheel and steering-mounted controls as well.
In terms of technology, the Volkswagen Taigun gets an 8.0-inch digital instrument cluster and a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It gets a whole suite of connectivity options including Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, etc.
- Rear AC Vents
- Front & Rear Smartphone Charging Ports
- Central Armrest With Cupholders
- Climate Control
- Electric Sunroof
- Red Ambient Lighting
- Smart Touch Climatronic Auto AC
- Tyre Pressure Deflation Warning
- Park Distance Control
- Rear-View Camera
- Hill-Hold Control
- Six Airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Multi-Collision Brakes
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
Engine & Transmission
The Volkswagen Taigun is sold with two engines and three transmission options. The lower-spec engine option is a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and the top-spec models get a more powerful 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine.
- Peak Torque: 175Nm @ 1,750rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed manual/6-speed torque converter automatic
- Peak Torque: 250Nm @ 1,500rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed manual/7-speed DSG
Thoughts On Volkswagen Taigun Being Launched In India
The Taigun is probably the most-awaited launch from Volkswagen this year. We drove the car ahead of its launch and it left us impressed, and you can see why in our Volkswagen Taigun review. Now, with the launch, Volkswagen seems to have nailed the pricing game as well.