- 8 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 17 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 19 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Technology Apple M1 Pro, Apple M1 Max Explained: Most Powerful Apple Silicon
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Volkswagen launches the Taigun in India at Rs 10.49 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The Volkswagen Taigun is sold in two variants: Standard & GT. The SUV is offered with two engines and three transmission options. Pre-bookings for the VW Taigun were opened up in August and the SUV has now been launched in the Indian market.
Variants & Pricing
|GT Plus DSG||₹17,49,900|
- Wild Cherry Red
- Candy White
- Reflex Silver
- Carbon Steel Grey
The Volkswagen Taigun follows the typical VW design & style. It is based on the MQB-AO-IN platform and brings Volkswagen's mature design language to the mid-size SUV segment. Up front, it features LED Matrix headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. It also gets LED fog lamps placed down low in the bumper.
It also features a blacked-out honeycomb grille with chrome slats. It also gets all-around cladding, rides on 17-inch alloy wheels, and at the rear is an LED tail lamp with an LED bar in between. Other design highlights include a shark-fin antenna, roof rails, dual-tone ORVMs, etc.
Interior & Features
The Volkswagen Taigun features premium interiors with lots of colours and textures all over. It is a dual-tone interior but the dashboard gets a silver strip that runs across it. It comes with a flat-bottom steering wheel and steering-mounted controls as well.
In terms of technology, the Volkswagen Taigun gets an 8.0-inch digital instrument cluster and a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It gets a whole suite of connectivity options including Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, etc.
- Rear AC Vents
- Front & Rear Smartphone Charging Ports
- Central Armrest With Cupholders
- Climate Control
- Electric Sunroof
- Red Ambient Lighting
- Smart Touch Climatronic Auto AC
- Tyre Pressure Deflation Warning
- Park Distance Control
- Rear-View Camera
- Hill-Hold Control
- Six Airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Multi-Collision Brakes
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
Engine & Transmission
The Volkswagen Taigun is sold with two engines and three transmission options. The lower-spec engine option is a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and the top-spec models get a more powerful 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine.
- Peak Torque: 175Nm @ 1,750rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed manual/6-speed torque converter automatic
- Peak Torque: 250Nm @ 1,500rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed manual/7-speed DSG
Thoughts On Volkswagen Taigun Being Launched In India
The Taigun is probably the most-awaited launch from Volkswagen this year. We drove the car ahead of its launch and it left us impressed, and you can see why in our Volkswagen Taigun review. Now, with the launch, Volkswagen seems to have nailed the pricing game as well.