- 7 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 13 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Finance Auto and Media Stock To Buy From Broking Firm Sharekhan For Good Gains
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. According to the latest media report, the company is looking to launch the Taigun SUV in the third week of September this year.
Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India has confirmed the news of the upcoming launch of the Taigun SUV in a recent interview with Express Drives. He also confirmed that the bookings for the upcoming SUV will begin in August with deliveries to start at the time of launch.
The Taigun will be offered in a couple of variants, multiple engines and transmission options. Prices are expected to start at around Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom. The Taigun has been Made-in-India by the German brand to suit the buyers in the country.
It has used the famous MQB platform and modified it to suit Indian buyers and road conditions. The India version of the platform is relatively longer than the original platform making for a roomier cabin.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options. The lower-spec 1.0-litre engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm; mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
On the other hand, the larger 1.5-litre engine will dish out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm; mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox. The GT variant will be offered with the 1.5-litre TSI engine as standard.
Speaking about the SUV's exteriors it is expected to feature the LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, and LED taillamps. The increasing popularity of lightbars is seen in the Taigun design with a larger unit placed across the length of the boot lid.
Regarding interiors, the Taigun will include the brand's virtual cockpit design with a TFT digital instrument cluster. It will also feature a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It will support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun India Launch
Volkswagen is ready to launch its first product under the India 2.0 Strategy. As a result, the Taigun is expected to be offered at an attractive price tag. Once launched, the Taigun will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster, Nissan Kicks and the Skoda Kushaq in India.
Source: Express Drives