- 11 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 15 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 19 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Finance Fuel Prices Steady On Wednesday For The 17th Consecutive Day
- Movies Shehnaaz Gill To Resume Honsla Rakh Shoot Soon? Here's What The Producer Has To Say!
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals captain Sanju Samson fined for slow over rate
- News PM Modi congratulates Trudeau on election win
- Technology Tarbull MusicMate 550 Review: Ideal Choice For Music Lovers?
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. According to the latest media report, the company is looking to launch the Taigun SUV in the third week of September this year.
Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India has confirmed the news of the upcoming launch of the Taigun SUV in a recent interview with Express Drives. He also confirmed that the bookings for the upcoming SUV will begin in August with deliveries to start at the time of launch.
The Taigun will be offered in a couple of variants, multiple engines and transmission options. Prices are expected to start at around Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom. The Taigun has been Made-in-India by the German brand to suit the buyers in the country.
It has used the famous MQB platform and modified it to suit Indian buyers and road conditions. The India version of the platform is relatively longer than the original platform making for a roomier cabin.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options. The lower-spec 1.0-litre engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm; mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
On the other hand, the larger 1.5-litre engine will dish out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm; mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox. The GT variant will be offered with the 1.5-litre TSI engine as standard.
Speaking about the SUV's exteriors it is expected to feature the LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, and LED taillamps. The increasing popularity of lightbars is seen in the Taigun design with a larger unit placed across the length of the boot lid.
Regarding interiors, the Taigun will include the brand's virtual cockpit design with a TFT digital instrument cluster. It will also feature a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It will support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun India Launch
Volkswagen is ready to launch its first product under the India 2.0 Strategy. As a result, the Taigun is expected to be offered at an attractive price tag. Once launched, the Taigun will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster, Nissan Kicks and the Skoda Kushaq in India.
Source: Express Drives