- 27 min ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 1 hr ago Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 14 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- Finance What is the Difference Between Cess and Surcharge?
- Movies After Twitter Suspension, FIR Filed Against Kangana Ranaut For Allegedly Spreading 'Hate Propaganda'
- Technology Sandisk iXpand Flash Drive Luxe Review: It’s Everything You Need
- News A giant piece of Chinese rocket is set to hit Earth: How to track it online
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR's Tim Seifert to stay back after testing COVID-19 positive
- Education CBSE 'Dost for Life' App Launched For Well-being Of Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Volkswagen Taigun was recently unveiled by the brand in the Indian market. The company said the upcoming Taigun SUV will be available in the top-spec GT variant with several changes over the standard variant.
Ahead of its launch, the Volkswagen Taigun has been spotted testing in the country. The spy images from TeamBHP showcases a test mule in a white paint scheme without concealing its looks via camouflage.
However, based on what we know so far, the Taigun GT will feature a couple of cosmetic changes over the standard variant of the SUV. This includes red-contrast stitching with a blacked-out cabin theme, red brake callipers and a host of GT badges around the vehicle.
Apart from a few cosmetic changes, the GT-spec SUV will remain largely similar to the other variants of the Taigun SUV. It will be built on the modified MQB A0 IN platform, which is tailor-made to suit the Indian market.
The Taigun SUV features clean lines and a butch stance to give it an appealing look. It features a sleek-looking front grille with two chrome bars running across. Other exteriors features include LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, fog lamps, LED taillamps, and a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot lid.
To enhance the SUV looks of the Taigun, it also features front and rear scuff plates, all-around body cladding, chrome-finished window line, 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others.
On the inside, the Taigun features a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof. The SUV will also feature wireless smartphone connectivity, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
In terms of safety, the SUV will come equipped with 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
The 1.0-litre unit will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine dishes out a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 250Nm at 1500rpm. The GT engine option will be limited to the top-spec 1.5-litre TSI unit.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun GT Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The Volkswagen Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the country. The company will be offering two engine options as opposed to its elder sibling the T-Roc. With 95 per cent localisation, the Taigun is expected to be priced aggressively by the brand. The Volkswagen Taigun is expected to go on sale in the market during Diwali this year.