- 1 hr ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 17 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 17 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 17 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News US: Missing Bengal tiger has been found safe, healthy, says Houston police
- Sports ONE Championship Dangal: How Arjan Bhullar became first Indian-origin MMA champion
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Movies Radhe Overseas Day 3 Box Office Collection
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch the Made-in-India Taigun SUV in the country. The company has already unveiled the upcoming compact-SUV offering ahead of its launch. Now a recent report has brought to light that the upcoming Taigun SUV could be offered with (ADAS) Advance Driver Assisted Technology when launched in India.
According to the Taigun interior images shared by the brand during the unveil, the steering mounted control and the fully digital instrument cluster has an icon indicating a lane. This icon could mean that the SUV could feature a lane-keep assist or adaptive cruise control.
The upcoming Taigun SUV is largely similar to the T-Cross SUV sold by Volkswagen in international markets. Adding to the speculations, the T-Cross SUV does come with Adaptive cruise control and many other driver-assisted features.
As a result, the Made-in-India Taigun could also come equipped with similar active safety features. Other safety features include 6-airbags, ABS, 3 headrests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX child seat anchorage, rear parking camera and electronic stability control.
The Taigun will be using the modified MQB A0 IN platform. It is also the first model to come from VW's staple under the Indian 2.0 strategy. Taigun will be up to 95% localized and has been developed by inputs from the Indian engineers to suit the country's buyers.
The Taigun SUV will feature the brand's LED Matrix headlamp technology with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED taillamps, and a large light bar that runs across the length of the boot lid.
Other exterior features of the Taigun SUV includes the front and rear scuff plates, all-around body cladding, chrome-finished window line, 17-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof, silver-finished roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler; among others.
The company will be offering a GT variant of the SUV alongside the standard variant. The GT variant will feature a host of cosmetic upgrades over the standard model including red-brake callipers, contrast stitching on the inside and more.
Moving inside, the Taigun will feature a centrally-mounted 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto & the brand's latest form of connected technology.
Other features that make the highlight of the upcoming Taigun SUV include a fully digital instrument cluster, climate control, ventilated front seats, a wireless charging pad and an electric sunroof, keyless entry, rear ac vents, cruise control and more.
The Volkswagen Taigun will be offered in two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol TSI units. The 1.0-litre engine is offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic. While the bigger 1.5-litre engine will come mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Taigun Could Feature ADAS In India
If at all the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun is offered with the ADAS in India, it would be a segment-first feature in the country. Once launched, the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Renault Duster; among other mid-size SUVs sold in the country.