- 12 hrs ago Car Sales Report For February 2021: Hyundai Registers Over 26 Percent Yearly Growth In Sales
- 13 hrs ago Car Sales Report For February 2021: Toyota Registers 27 Percent Monthly Growth In Domestic Sales
- 14 hrs ago Tata HBX Micro SUV Launch Confirmed For This Year: Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- 15 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F BS6 Removed From The Company's Official Website: Here's Why!
- Finance Is NCR Commercial Real Estate Segment Seeing An Uptick?
- Movies Happy Birthday Tiger Shroff: 5 Actresses We Would Love To See Opposite This Action Star!
- Technology Amazon Special Offer: No Cost EMI And Exchange Offers On OnePlus Smartphones And Accessories
- News Karnataka SSLC exams postponed by a week, to begin from June 21: Check timetable
- Sports Shaw and Solskjaer avoid FA action after post-match criticism of referee
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021: SSLC Exams In Karnataka To Start From June 21. Check Class 10 Board Exam Details
- Lifestyle Love Playing With Colours? Then Janhvi Kapoor And Pooja Hegde’s Multicolour Fashion Pieces Are For You!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In March
Volkswagen has announced that it will be expanding its current vehicle portfolio in the Indian market. Additionally, the company will also be adding more units of the T-Roc SUV in the country. The first batch of the T-Roc SUV is already sold out in the country.
The Volkswagen T-Roc was launched last year in the Indian market. The company imported 1,000 units into the Indian market for the first batch. Due to the amazing response from the market, all units of the SUV were sold out in the country within months after its launch.
However, the company has now confirmed that it will be restocking the SUV in the market. It could arrive as a CBU like before or could be locally assembled in India. The T-Roc SUV is available in a single varaint with one engine and transmission option. The SUV is priced at Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 148bhp and 240Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard. Volkswagen claims that the T-Roc can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 8.4 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 205km/h.
Alongside the T-Roc, the company will be relaunching the Tiguan 5-seater variant with an all-new engine. The facelifted Tiguan was launched last year in the international markets. The company is expected to bring the facelifted Tiguan sometime in April with the T-Roc SUV.
The facelifted five-seater Tiguan will feature a new front and rear design as well. This includes a redesigned grille that merges with the headlight cluster and will look similar to that on the new VW Golf 8. The redesigned LED headlamps will feature a unique three-dimensional effect. Other design changes are expected to the exterior of the SUV as well.
At the time of launch, the company is expected to launch the Tiguan as a front-wheel-drive variant to keep the cost down. The facelifted 5-seater Tiguan also could take the CBU route to arrive in India. Alternatively, it could be assembled at the company's Chakan facility in Pune.
A 2.0-litre TDI engine powered the earlier Tiguan SUV before it was discontinued in the market. However, the upcoming Tiguan SUV will be launched with an all-new engine that does its duties on the T-Roc SUV. The company is expected to launch the 2020 Tiguan with a 48V hybrid system, and a coast function, which will result in increased fuel-efficiency.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen T-Roc & Tiguan To Become Available In India Again
Volkswagen's SUV line-up will see a major boost in the Indian market in the coming months. Due to the increasing popularity of SUVs in the country, the company has decided to focus on these practical vehicles and cater to the growing demand. The Tiguan is expected to be placed between the T-Roc and the Tiguan AllSpace.