- 10 hrs ago Euler Motors Teases HiLoad Commercial EV Launch — Going Big From The Start
- 10 hrs ago Mini Electric India Launch Teased — Brit Icon Goes Green
- 11 hrs ago ebikeGo Rugged Gets 1 Lakh Bookings In 2 Months
- 12 hrs ago 10 New Tata Motors EVs To Arrive in The Next 4 Years - The REVolution is Here
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Avail Best Discounts On Electronics Devices
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 25 Highlights: Wild Card Contestant Rajiv Adatia Makes An Entry In The House
- News Amit Shah spends night at CRPF camp in Pulwama; says will see a peaceful J&K 'in our lifetime'
- Sports T20 World Cup: Afghanistan crush Scotland in Super 12 rout
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Volkswagen Polo and Vento waiting period reach 5 months, as the demand for both models increased recently.
However, not all variants command a waiting period of up to five months, only certain variants have such long waiting periods.
For Volkswagen Polo, variants like Trendline MPI, Comfortline TSI MT, Highline Plus TSI MT, Highline Plus TSI AT and the GT TSI AT command waiting period up to five months.
However, for Volkswagen Vento, only the Highline TSI MT has a five-month waiting period. Since the demand for certain models and variants are higher than production capacity, Volkswagen has decided to close the bookings on certain models and variants.
According to sources, Volkswagen dealers have stopped accepting bookings for the Volkswagen Polo Comfortline MPI, Volkswagen Polo Comfortline TSI AT, Volkswagen Vento Comfortline TSI MT, and Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus TSI MT.
However, Volkswagen dealerships will soon start accepting the bookings for the aforementioned models and variants as the company clears its backlogs on these orders.
Currently, Volkswagen Polo comes with two choices of engines with identical displacement. The frugal one is a 1.0-litre MPI petrol engine with 75Bhp and 95Nm of torque, then there is the 1.0-litre TSI engine with 110Bhp and 175Nm of torque.
The 1.0-litre MPI engine is mated at a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, however, the more powerful TSI motor comes mated to a choice of 6-speed manual or automatic transmissions.
The Volkswagen Polo range in India starts from Rs 6.27 lakh (ex-showroom) for the base variant and goes all the way up to Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom) for the GT variant.
On the other hand, the Volkswagen Vento comes with only one engine choice. The 1.0-litre TSI motor with 110Bhp and 175Nm of torque.
Transmission choices on the Volkswagen Vento include a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Prices for the Volkswagen Vento range starts from Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
At present Volkswagen's product portfolio consists of six models, Volkswagen Polo, Volkswagen Vento, Volkswagen Taigun, Volkswagen T-Roc, Volkswagen Tiguan, and Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace.
On this product portfolio, Volkswagen is gearing up for the launch of the Taigun. A midsize SUV that will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, MG Hector, Skoda Kushaq and a few more.
According to Volkswagen, the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun has already received 10,000+ pre-bookings, and the brand is aiming to sell around 6,000 units every month.
Apart from this, Volkswagen is also preparing for the launch of the Virtus sedan that is expected to replace the Volkswagen Vento next year. The upcoming Volkswagen Virtus sedan will be based on the Volkswagen MQB-A0 platform, and it will be slightly larger than the outgoing version of the Volkswagen Vento.
We expect Volkswagen Virtus to make use of the identical powertrain setup as the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun SUV in India.
Thoughts About Volkswagen Polo & Vento Waiting Period
As Volkswagen Polo and Vento waiting period reach five months, the company is also gearing up for new launches like the Taigun SUV and Virtus sedan in India.
This gives us a hint that Volkswagen as a brand is gaining a lot of traction in the market, and will be getting stronger in future.