- 8 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 17 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 20 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Finance Fuel Rates: Petrol, Diesel Remain Unchanged For Second Straight Day
- Technology Apple M1 Pro, Apple M1 Max Explained: Most Powerful Apple Silicon
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) launched an all-new long-distance coach and sleeper bus range. According to VECV, these buses can be customised to a certain extent according to customer requirements.
As revealed, the new buses will be built in Volvo Bus factory in Hosakote, Karnataka using the existing 12.4-metre Eicher chassis. Also, VECV claims that the new bus range will set a new benchmark for bus travel in the country.
"This is the first milestone in our drive to offer a complete range of market-adapted economy, mid-premium and premium buses across all market segments. With the national permit being rolled out, operators seek high-quality buses - that call for balanced upfront investment - to reliably cover longer distances.
The new products are the perfect answer to this rapidly evolving market's needs. We are confident that the fully factory-built coach and the sleeper will prove viable alternatives to rail and air travel, due to their best-in-class quality, reliability, and durability." said Akash Passey, president of Bus Division, VECV.
With the new buses, VECV is planning to tap into the mid-premium segment. VECV describes this segment as a ‘white space' in the bus market.
According to Vinod Aggarwal, MD and CEO, VECV, "A year ago, we announced the formation of a bus division within VECV with the clear aim to shape the developments in the Indian bus industry. Today I am proud to launch a new range that synergises Eicher brand's extensive local presence and expertise in value engineering with Volvo Buses India's competence in premium bus segment. This product truly combines the ‘best-of-the-both-worlds."
He further added that "The bus market is in time for revival mode, with schools opening. We expect bus demand from school, offices opening up, STUs have started buying, inter-city travel will start with Covid fears coming down and vaccination picking up. The third wave of Covid is also not expected. With buying not happening in the last two years, we are expecting bus volumes to come back."
Moreover, the new buses will be built on Eicher's 12.4m chassis and they will be powered by Volvo derived 5.1-litre VEDX5 engine.
According to VECV, this engine produces a maximum power of 210hp and 825Nm of torque at 1200 rpm, while returning "best-in-class" fuel efficiency. The buses also come with best-in-class 11,300-litre luggage space (for the 43 seater version with air-conditioning).
The sleeper version of the new VCEV bus comes with 30 berths, and these berths are separated by full-height partitions for added security and privacy.
Most noticeable features in the bus include cruise control, fuel coaching, Mbooster+, intelligent Engine Protection System, LED ambient lighting, AC louvres, reading lights, USB ports and many more.
Apart from that, the new buses give high priority to driver ergonomics and the materials used are certified to be fire-retardant.
Thoughts About New Coach Buses From VECV
The new buses from VECV open a completely new segment in India by offering fully built long-distance coach and sleeper buses.
With these new buses, VECV has a potential window to dominate the intercity long-distance bus segment.