- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Mizoram man, head of world's largest family with 39 wives, 94 kids, dies at 76
- Sports Big challenge coming up: Tom Latham on WTC final against India
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
According to some reports, Toyota and Suzuki are working on a battery electric vehicle platform that came up on the internet earlier this year. The new model is rumoured to be called the Toyota HyRyder. However, according to the latest report by GaadiWaadi, the vehicle has been spied testing in India and new spy images have revealed the car's interior.
At the front, the car gets a split headlamp cluster with LED lighting and the lower bumper-mounted fog lamps also look to be LEDs. The shut-off front grille and closed blackened air intake are other frontal highlights.
The interior of the so-called HyRyder is borrowed from the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, however, there are a few differences. While the centre console looks identical to that of the Maruti hatchback, the automatic climate control module has been taken from the Dzire.
The steering wheel and instrument cluster have been borrowed straight from the WagonR. The latter consists of an analogue speedometer and a MID screen, which now has a battery bar on the right-hand side. However, the infotainment on the test vehicle was not there. But, we are expecting that the test vehicle will get a touchscreen.
Mechanically, the upcoming Toyota HyRyder could use a 72V electric drive powered by a 10 or 25kWh lithium-ion battery pack. However, either of the companies has not revealed any further powertrain figures. The lack of an exhaust outlet clearly shows it's a battery-powered hatchback. We are expecting the car to give a range of around 180 to 200kms when fully charged.
In other recent Toyota news, Earlier this month, it trademarked the name of Belta, which will be one of its sedans for the Indian market. Recently, the company has trademarked six more names for the Indian market. The company has filed a trademark application for BZ, BZ1, BZ2, BZ3, BZ4 and BZ5 names in India.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Toyota Hyryder EV
As we mentioned earlier, Toyota and Suzuki are working on a battery electric vehicle platform that came up on the internet earlier this year. However, the Toyota HyRyder will be a nice electric vehicle once launched.