- 11 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 12 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 12 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 13 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Finance Markets Trade Higher, Infosys Tanks 4%
- News ICSE Board Exams 2021: Will class 10, 12 exams get cancelled or postponed? Latest updates for students
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Manchester City 2-4 agg: Foden finally ends Guardiola's last-four wait
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. However, the upcoming sedan is expected to be launched by the end of 2021.
According to the latest report by TeamBHP, the new Skoda sedan has been spotted testing in Pune for the first time. As seen in the spy images, the car gets a typical Skoda grille, halogen headlamps and halogen fog lamps at the front.
At the rear, the test vehicle's design appears to be like a notchback design that looks very similar to the Octavia. In length, the car appears to be smaller than the current-gen Octavia. However, The sedan is expected to share some of its body panels with the Volkswagen Virtus.
Mechanically, there are no details as of now, but we can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.
In other recent Skoda news, the company has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in the Indian market. A few days back, the first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan was rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
The Skoda Octavia will also feature mechanical changes including the powertrain. The upcoming sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Upcoming New Sedan From Skoda In India
The upcoming sedan from Skoda is expected to be launched by the end of 2021 and the sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB. We can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.