- 32 min ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 32 min ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 14 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- Sports IPL 2021, RCB vs KKR Stats and Records preview: Kohli, Maxwell, Gill close in on milestones
- News India records highest single-day rise of 2,61,500 Covid-19 cases, 1,501 deaths
- Lifestyle Look Fabulous In 5 Minutes! Jacqueline Fernandez-Inspired Cute Braid Is Easy And Quick Hairstyle For Everyday
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Movies The Lord Of The Rings Show With Amazon Prime Video May Cost $465M For One Season
- Finance What is Demand Draft Validity Period?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. However, the upcoming sedan is expected to be launched by the end of 2021.
According to the latest report by TeamBHP, the new Skoda sedan has been spotted testing in Pune for the first time. As seen in the spy images, the car gets a typical Skoda grille, halogen headlamps and halogen fog lamps at the front.
At the rear, the test vehicle's design appears to be like a notchback design that looks very similar to the Octavia. In length, the car appears to be smaller than the current-gen Octavia. However, The sedan is expected to share some of its body panels with the Volkswagen Virtus.
Mechanically, there are no details as of now, but we can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.
In other recent Skoda news, the company has commenced production of the upcoming new-generation Octavia in the Indian market. A few days back, the first unit of the new Skoda Octavia sedan was rolled out from the production line at the brand's manufacturing facility in Aurangabad.
The Skoda Octavia will also feature mechanical changes including the powertrain. The upcoming sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. The 1.5-litre TSI unit produces 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Upcoming New Sedan From Skoda In India
The upcoming sedan from Skoda is expected to be launched by the end of 2021 and the sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB. We can expect the upcoming sedan from Skoda to be powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine. The new car could be positioned above the Rapid sedan.