- 1 hr ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 16 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 22 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 24 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- News First death from delta variant plus reported in Madhya Pradesh
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11's Anushka Sen Worried As Her Father Is Stuck In Cape Town Due To COVID Situation!
- Technology Nokia X10, Nokia X20 India Launch Could Be Nearing: A Rival To Chinese 5G Offerings?
- Finance Buy Shares Of NMDC & BEL, Says Motilal Oswal
- Sports WTC Final: Williamson credits his 'bits and pieces' cricketers for reaching the pinnacle
- Lifestyle Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Shows Flower Power In Her Stylish Dress, Pretty Palazzo Set And Lovely Saree
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Skoda is likely to launch a new sedan in the Indian market soon. The sedan is likely to be the car codenamed ANB, which is said to be based on the MQB A0 IN platform. This new sedan could also be the 2022 Skoda Rapid.
However, according to the latest report by Autocar India, the upcoming Skoda sedan has been spied testing on the Mumbai-Pune highway. As seen in the spy pictures, the sedan is fully covered under wraps during the test, hence revealing very little information about the sedan.
The car also gets features like a current-generation Skoda grille, sharp and sleek LED headlights lights and the flowing roof-line. It is also seen running on some 16-inch black alloy wheels and fog lights on the bumper.
The upcoming Skoda sedan is expected to come powered by two TSI engines. First is the 1.0-litre, three-cylinder TSI petrol engine that churns out 115bhp of power. This engine will also come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed torque converter. on the other hand, the larger engine will be the 1.5-litre TSI that pumps out 150bhp of power and around 250Nm of peak torque. this engine will be mated to the quick-shifting seven-speed DSG.
What exactly could the next sedan or the new 2022 Rapid be called? By the end of last year, Skoda trademarked the Slavia nameplate in India. This could be the new name for the 2022 Rapid. Also, the new upcoming sedan could bring back the Laura nameplate, well that is something that we will have to wait for.
Thoughts About The Upcoming 2022 Skoda Rapid
The Skoda Slavia is the latest name trademarked by the Czech brand for India. However, considering it doesn't follow the ‘K' and ‘Q' nomenclature, we expect it to be the new name for the next-gen Rapid sedan. The upcoming sedan also hosts a lot of updated tech and features along with the new engines.