- 29 min ago Nissan Magnite Vs Renault Kiger Sales Comparison For April 2021: Car Sales Report
- 43 min ago TVS Motor Company COVID-19 Relief: Contributes Over Rs 40 Crore & 2,000 Oxygen Concentrators
- 1 hr ago Tata Tiago CNG Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Details: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Released: Replacement For The Yamaha R6
- News Coronavirus cases: Goa government urged to open COVID-19 centres for differently-abled
- Sports India women's hockey captain Rani, six teammates recover from COVID-19
- Finance Top Crypto News Round-Up; Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, And Cardano
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Movies Ahead Of Mother's Day Reese Witherspoon Dedicates A Poem To Struggling Moms
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Education Mother’s Day 2021: Some Beautiful Quotes To Express Love For Your Mother
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Toyota Kirloskar Motors currently has only two SUVs on offer in the Indian market, including the Maruti Suzuki-derived Urban Cruiser. The company could be looking to introduce a new offering in the SUV segment, to fill the gap between the Urban Cruiser and the Fortuner. The brand has been working on bringing in its mid-size hybrid offering, the RAV4 to India.
However, according to the latest report by IndianAutosBlog, a test mule of the Toyota RAV4 was recently spotted on Ahmedabad-Mumbai Highway near Navsari, Gujarat. As seen in the spy pictures, the vehicle has been snapped from the rear end only and is not under any wraps. The test vehicle looks identical to the model sold in the international markets. The RAV4 badge can also be seen quite clearly on the boot lid.
However, some previous reports do suggest that the Toyota RAV4 could be introduced as a CBU (Completely Built Unit) offering, rather than a CKD. Toyota is expected to make use of its 2500 annual allowance of importing cars without the need for homologation. This translates to a high selling price and low sales numbers for the mid-size hybrid SUV. The non-committal approach from Toyota for the RAV4 could see the SUV priced in the range of Rs 50 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Toyota RAV4 also comes packed with a host of features and equipment. This includes LED lighting all around, panoramic sunroof, ventilated & heated seats, ambient lighting, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, electrically adjustable driver seat, dual-zone climate control and many others.
Talking about the Toyota RAV4, the SUV is currently in its fifth-generation iteration globally. The RAV4 is part of the brand's TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture) and comes with a hybrid powertrain. It gets a 2.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine paired with an electric motor. The combined powertrain produces a max power output of 218bhp of power. Furthermore, the engine is paired with a CVT automatic transmission as standard.
Thoughts About The Toyota RAV4 Petrol-Hybrid SUV Spied In India
Toyota RAV4 SUV is reportedly set to be introduced in India as a CBU unit, at the initial stage. The CBU version of the RAV4 could be used to observe the market response, before introducing a more locally assembled version at a later stage. Once launched, it is likely to go up against the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5, Volvo XC60, BMW X3, and Land Rover Discovery Sport in India.