- 6 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 8 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- 8 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Here Are The Model-Wise Benefits
- News Centre eases procurement norms of medical supplies for various ministries
- Movies Jamai Raja Fame Ravi Dubey Tests Positive For Coronavirus; Shares Post On Social Media
- Sports Bengaluru FC returns from Maldives, goes into mandatory quarantine
- Finance Understanding ‘A', ‘B', ‘Z', ‘T' And ‘S' Group Of Stocks On BSE
- Technology Xiaomi Patents Internal Flip Camera Smartphone; When To Expect Its Launch?
- Education Assam Class 11 Exams 2021 Cancelled, AHSEC Promotes Students Without Exams
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle Make A Strong Case For Red! Whose Outfit Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Toyota Kirloskar Motors currently has only two SUVs on offer in the Indian market, including the Maruti Suzuki-derived Urban Cruiser. The company could be looking to introduce a new offering in the SUV segment, to fill the gap between the Urban Cruiser and the Fortuner. The brand has been working on bringing in its mid-size hybrid offering, the RAV4 to India.
However, according to the latest report by IndianAutosBlog, a test mule of the Toyota RAV4 was recently spotted on Ahmedabad-Mumbai Highway near Navsari, Gujarat. As seen in the spy pictures, the vehicle has been snapped from the rear end only and is not under any wraps. The test vehicle looks identical to the model sold in the international markets. The RAV4 badge can also be seen quite clearly on the boot lid.
However, some previous reports do suggest that the Toyota RAV4 could be introduced as a CBU (Completely Built Unit) offering, rather than a CKD. Toyota is expected to make use of its 2500 annual allowance of importing cars without the need for homologation. This translates to a high selling price and low sales numbers for the mid-size hybrid SUV. The non-committal approach from Toyota for the RAV4 could see the SUV priced in the range of Rs 50 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Toyota RAV4 also comes packed with a host of features and equipment. This includes LED lighting all around, panoramic sunroof, ventilated & heated seats, ambient lighting, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, electrically adjustable driver seat, dual-zone climate control and many others.
Talking about the Toyota RAV4, the SUV is currently in its fifth-generation iteration globally. The RAV4 is part of the brand's TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture) and comes with a hybrid powertrain. It gets a 2.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine paired with an electric motor. The combined powertrain produces a max power output of 218bhp of power. Furthermore, the engine is paired with a CVT automatic transmission as standard.
Thoughts About The Toyota RAV4 Petrol-Hybrid SUV Spied In India
Toyota RAV4 SUV is reportedly set to be introduced in India as a CBU unit, at the initial stage. The CBU version of the RAV4 could be used to observe the market response, before introducing a more locally assembled version at a later stage. Once launched, it is likely to go up against the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5, Volvo XC60, BMW X3, and Land Rover Discovery Sport in India.