- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Subhas Chandra Bose 125th birth anniversary: PM Modi to unveil hologram statue of iconic freedom fighter today
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Toyota Hilux has been one of the most awaited vehicles in India. Many automotive enthusiasts in the country have been expecting Toyota to launch the Hilux pickup truck ever since the company first introduced the Fortuner SUV in India.
Now, as per the latest reports, Toyota is planning to launch the Hilux pickup truck in February 2022. Apart from that, the Toyota Hilux was recently spotted without any camouflage in India during the TVC shoot of the vehicle.
We expect Toyota to offer the Toyota Hilux with two engine options. We expect the base models of the Toyota Hilux to be powered by the 148 bhp 2.4-litre diesel unit from the Toyota Innova Crysta. Whereas the higher variants with a 4X4 drivetrain could get the more potent 201 bhp 2.8-litre diesel unit from the Toyota Fortuner.
We also expect Toyota to offer both the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions on the Toyota Hilux to attract a wider spectrum of audience.
Toyota could use the powertrains from both the Innova Crysta and Fortuner as all in the Hilux as all three vehicles are based on the Toyota's IMV-2 platform. However, the Toyota Hilux will be slightly longer than both the Toyota Fortuner and Toyota Innova Crysta due to its loading bay area.
As the Toyota Hilux's body is longer than both the Innova Crysta and Fortuner, it also comes with a slightly longer wheelbase at 3,085mm, which is 335 mm longer than the Toyota Innova Crysta's and 340mm longer than the Toyota Fortuner's wheelbase.
When Toyota launches the Hilux in India, it will directly compete with the Isuzu V-Cross and Isuzu Highlander.
Looks are an important deciding factor while buying lifestyle pickup trucks and the upcoming Toyota Hilux looks very bold and brawny with its large hexagonal front grille and swept-back headlamps with stylish LED DRLs.
The front end also carries a very muscular looking front bumper along with a prominent bash plate. This gives the Toyota Hilux a very rugged feel.
This rugged feel is very well carried to the sides of the pickup truck as well with large flared wheel arches and chunky black claddings. To further accentuate the toughness of the lifestyle pickup truck is the neatly integrated side footsteps and 18-inch alloy wheels that neatly fill the large wheel arches.
However, the rear of the Toyota Hilux looks slightly 'plane' compared to the rest of the exterior, but Toyota has added a heavy dose of chrome on the rear side of the vehicle to keep Indian consumers happy.
Moreover, we also expect the Toyota Hilux to sport a similar interior as the Toyota Fortuner with features such as an 8.0-inch infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control, steering mounted controls, and many more.
We expect Toyota to price the Hilux around Rs 25 lakh to Rs 32 lakh in India. However, we don't think Toyota will introduce a pick version of the Hilux anytime soon.
Thoughts About Toyota Hilux
Toyota Hilux has carved a reputation for being one of the most reliable vehicles on the planet and it is surprising that Toyota has taken this long to introduce this legendary nameplate.