- 1 day ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 1 day ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Sports IPL 2021, RCB vs MI: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: List Of Phones To Launch iQoo Z5 5G, Mi 11 Lite 5G, Oppo A And More
- News Punjab CM Charanjit Singh Channi stops vehicle to wish newly-married couple
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Grand Finale Highlights: Arjun Bijlani Wins The Show; Divyanka Is The First Runner-Up
- Finance 8 Countries Where Rupee Is Stronger
- Lifestyle Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) announces the extension of battery warranty for its Self-charging Hybrid Electric Vehicles (SHEVs) in India. The company currently sells the Camry and the Vellfire Self-charging Hybrid Electric Vehicles that features an 8-year warranty on the battery.
The warranty is extended from the existing 3-year/1,00,000 kilometres to 8-year/1,60,000 kilometres for all its SHEV models sold with effect from August 1, 2021. The decision is in line with the brand's aim to realise carbon neutrality by 2050 and promote the sale of SHEVs in India.
Additionally, existing 4th generation SHEV customers (for purchases made January 2019 onwards) are being offered similar warranty benefits at a special offer price. TKM's new 2021 hybrid electric vehicle battery warranty is the longest warranty period offered in the industry and is available to all the owners of Toyota SHEVs.
TKM was the first carmaker to bring hybrid electric vehicles to the Indian market with products such as the Prius and Camry. They are also prepping the market to introduced many new technologies in India.
This includes their exhaustive range of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) to suit the needs of the consumers and market.
Mr V. Wiseline Sigamani, Associate General Manager (AGM), Sales and Strategic Marketing, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said, "Toyota has been at the forefront of global vehicle electrification for more than two decades now. In India too, TKM was among the first automakers to introduce SHEVs in the market. Self-charging Hybrid Electric Vehicles, which have both a petrol engine and electric powertrain, are extremely environment friendly while requiring no behavioural changes at the customer's end.
Hybrids can run 40% of the distance and 60% of the time as an electric vehicle with a petrol engine shut off, as proven in a study by iCAT, a Government testing agency. This gives hybrids tremendous fuel efficiency improvements of 35 to 50% and much lower carbon emissions. In India, over the years (cumulative), the sale of Toyota Camry Hybrid vehicles alone has resulted in CO2 emission reduction of over 18 million kilograms and fossil fuel savings of over 7.6 million litres.
With customers being the first priority, Toyota has been unceasingly striving to offer diverse service schemes. Through the longer battery warranty, which is the most comprehensive coverage in the market today, we continue to bring many smiles and peace of mind to customers buying a hybrid electric vehicle and enhancing the momentum of vehicle electrification in the country," he concluded.
Thoughts About The Toyota Camry & Vellfire Getting 8 Years Battery Warranty
The Toyota Camry and the Vellfire are some of the most expensive models sold in India by the brand. They are shipped to India as CBUs and feature the revolutionary self-charging electric vehicle tech from the brand, which are the reasons behind the high price tag. However, with the latest announcement of an extension of the battery warranty, it adds more value to the products and owners in the country.