- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- News COVID-19: Digvijaya, others booked for protest near MP CM's residence
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 West Ham: Rashford late show stuns Hammers
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Toyota Hilux was recently spotted undisguised in Cybercity Gurgaon during what appears to be the TVC shoot of the vehicle. According to sources, the Toyota Hilux will be launched before the end of January 2022.
Though the Toyota Hilux is yet to be launched in the country, the IMV-2 platform which it is underpinned also underpins the Toyota Innova Crysta and Toyota Fortuner. However, the Toyota Hilux will be slightly longer than both the Toyota Fortuner and Toyota Innova Crysta, thanks to its loading bay.
To support the large loading bay, the upcoming Toyota Hilux also comes with a slightly longer wheelbase at 3,085mm, which is around 335 mm longer than the Toyota Innova Crysta and 340mm longer than the Toyota Fortuner.
When launched in India, the Toyota Hilux will directly challenge the Isuzu V-Cross and Isuzu Highlander as these are the only other lifestyle pickup trucks currently on sale in India.
To take on the Isuzu V-Cross, Toyota has all the necessary "weapons" up its arsenal. Starting with the looks, the upcoming Toyota Hilux looks bold and brawny with its large hexagonal front grille and swept-back headlamps with stylish LED DRLs.
Adding to this front fascia is a very muscular looking front bumper with a prominent bash plate, which gives the whole lifestyle pickup truck an indestructible feel.
Moving to the sides, the first thing that grabs your attention is the large flared wheel arches and chunky black claddings, which further accentuate the toughness of the lifestyle pickup truck. The next thing that grabs your attention is the neatly integrated side footsteps and 18-inch alloy wheels that fill the large wheel arches.
Finally, coming to the rear of the vehicle, it looks a bit 'vanilla' compared to other sides. However, there is an abundance of chrome to keep Indian consumers happy.
Though the spy shots taken at the shoot location couldn't give us a clear view of the interior, we expect Toyota to use a similar layout to the Toyota Fortuner. This means the upcoming Toyota Hilux will sport features such as an 8.0-inch infotainment unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control, steering mounted controls, and many more.
We expect Toyota to offer two engine options for the Hilux - The 148 bhp 2.4-litre diesel unit from the Toyota Innova Crysta and the more potent 201 bhp 2.8-litre diesel unit from the Toyota Fortuner.
We also expect Toyota to offer both the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions. However, the 4X4 variant could be limited to just top-end variants equipped with 2.8-litre engines.
We expect Toyota to price the Hilux around Rs 25 lakh to Rs 32 lakh in India. However, we don't think Toyota will introduce a pick version of the Hilux anytime soon.
Thoughts About Toyota Hilux
Toyota Hilux has carved a reputation for being one of the most reliable vehicles on the planet. Apart from that, the Toyota Hilux will attract more potential buyers into the segment.