- 9 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 13 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The Toyota Glanza and Toyota Urban Cruiser have received a price hike. Toyota has hiked the prices of its sub 4-metre premium hatchback and SUV — the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser respectively. The price hike comes a month after Toyota announced the price hike of the Innova Crysta, Fortuner and the Camry.
The new price hike from Toyota has affected the pricing of the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser by as much as Rs 34,000 and Rs 13,000 respectively. Toyota offers two variants of the Glanza, and all variants except the ‘G' variant with mild-hybrid tech come with a choice of an automatic or a manual gearbox. As for the G MT (Mild-hybrid), Toyota only offers a 5-speed manual transmission as of now.
The biggest price hike has also been received by the G MT (Mild-hybrid), which is now priced at Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), an increase of Rs 34,000 from the previous price. At Rs 16,000, the entry-level G-variant has received the lowest price hike.
This new change in pricing takes prices of the G MT and G CVT to Rs 7.34 lakh and Rs 8.54 lakh respectively. The top-end ‘V' variants are now priced at Rs 8.10 lakh and Rs 9.30 lakh for the automatic and manual variants respectively.
On the other hand, the Toyota Urban Cruiser has three variants. The top-end Premium variants are now costlier by Rs 6,000 and are now priced at Rs 9.91 lakh and Rs 11.41 lakh for the manual and automatic variants respectively.
The highest price hike goes to the manual transmission-equipped entry-level and mid-level variant, which are now priced at Rs 8.63 lakh and Rs 9.38 lakh respectively. Whereas, the least price hike was received by the entry-level and mid-variant with an automatic transmission.
Thoughts On Toyota Glanza & Urban Cruiser Prices being Hiked
Even though the prices of the Toyota Glanza and Urban Cruiser were hiked, the new prices are not a significant deal-breaker. Despite these models being a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, many prefer having a Toyota badge as a symbol of trust and reliability.