- 6 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 21 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 22 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- Movies Aniruddh Dave Discharged After 55 Days Of Hospitalisation Due To COVID-19; Says 'Zindagi Aa Raha Hoon Main'
- News In UP religious conversion racket, ED files money laundering case
- Technology Exclusive: Video Editing App Montage Pro To Provide Basic Features In Offline Mode
- Finance Market Closing: Nifty Ends Above 15,850; Financials, Metals Outperform
- Education Patna HC Directs State Govt To Fill The Vacant Posts Of Commerce Teachers In Schools Within 6 Months
- Lifestyle Pooja Hegde Looks Like A Dream In Her Elegant Flower-Patterned Saree; Pictures Inside!
- Sports Wimbledon: Injured defending champion Halep ruled out
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
The Toyota Glanza and Toyota Urban Cruiser have received a price hike. Toyota has hiked the prices of its sub 4-metre premium hatchback and SUV — the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser respectively. The price hike comes a month after Toyota announced the price hike of the Innova Crysta, Fortuner and the Camry.
The new price hike from Toyota has affected the pricing of the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser by as much as Rs 34,000 and Rs 13,000 respectively. Toyota offers two variants of the Glanza, and all variants except the ‘G' variant with mild-hybrid tech come with a choice of an automatic or a manual gearbox. As for the G MT (Mild-hybrid), Toyota only offers a 5-speed manual transmission as of now.
The biggest price hike has also been received by the G MT (Mild-hybrid), which is now priced at Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), an increase of Rs 34,000 from the previous price. At Rs 16,000, the entry-level G-variant has received the lowest price hike.
This new change in pricing takes prices of the G MT and G CVT to Rs 7.34 lakh and Rs 8.54 lakh respectively. The top-end ‘V' variants are now priced at Rs 8.10 lakh and Rs 9.30 lakh for the automatic and manual variants respectively.
On the other hand, the Toyota Urban Cruiser has three variants. The top-end Premium variants are now costlier by Rs 6,000 and are now priced at Rs 9.91 lakh and Rs 11.41 lakh for the manual and automatic variants respectively.
The highest price hike goes to the manual transmission-equipped entry-level and mid-level variant, which are now priced at Rs 8.63 lakh and Rs 9.38 lakh respectively. Whereas, the least price hike was received by the entry-level and mid-variant with an automatic transmission.
Thoughts On Toyota Glanza & Urban Cruiser Prices being Hiked
Even though the prices of the Toyota Glanza and Urban Cruiser were hiked, the new prices are not a significant deal-breaker. Despite these models being a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, many prefer having a Toyota badge as a symbol of trust and reliability.